Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am 31 and G is 35.  We are with Glasgow Nuffield Hospital.  At our consultation and after G supplying a sample, we are beginning ICSI treatment.  We are having our counselling next Friday.  G's sperm is mainly immotile or very slow.  But 5% is fine.

I am excited to get started, as it seems with most people age seems to bother them.  But I feel hopeful as I am fit and healthy.  I just hope there are no problems with my eggs as they didn't seem to want to test me for anything other than the usual STD's rubella, etc.

Can anyone give me any idea of what to expect?  Or any advise at all?

I really would like people to talk to who are not immediately involved in my life and who understand.

I look forward to talking to you. 

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hi and welcome to Fertility friends

You have come to the right place for advice and support from ladies who understand partially what u r going thru

A thread that u may find helpful is the icsi thread

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,31.0.html

Wishing u lots of look for ur appt next week

Best wishes and lots of ^fairydust^

Emilyxx

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Vicki

Welcome to FF I'm sure you will find this site an invaluable source of info. I too am new, we have our very fist consulation at the argc in London next Friday, and know that what we need is ICSI and IVF, so also very excited. Best of luck....janna

·
Registered
144 Posts
HI Vicki.

I am due to startr ICSI in August - first time. I can recommend the ICSI thread, particularly the  male factor thread. it is amazing to talk to similar in a similar situation and everyone on the thread is amazingly supportive.Hope to talk to you there
Kate

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Good luck!  I had my first cycle in April - unfortunately unsuccessful.  DH had vasectomy reversal, but low sc and antibodies so no chance of natural conception.  It was ok - went to london fertility centre.  Tiring and fairly stressful, but hubby v supportive which was great.  I told too many people though, so when it didn't work, it was really hard.  Now I am with FF I have people I can talk to and it will be easier next time without having to tell the entire extended family!

Advice is to relax as much as possible, and don't wrap yourself up in cotton wool - you still have to go on with your life (within reason, probably a hike up the alps isn't quite what you need...!)

and BE POSITIVE!!

Good luck, let me know how you get on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.