Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have found it really useful reading what other members have posted on here so thought it would be a good idea for me to write something as I know people reading this will understand how I am feeling.

My husband and I have been TTC for 2 and a half years now and after having a laparoscapy which diagnosed moderate Endometriosis in Nov 09, 3 cycles of Clomid and 2 cycles of IUI, we are now taking the plunge with IVF.  Is hard not to be negative all the time, but I am just really worried that this isn't going to work as well.  I have been on Supercur and Gonal F for near on 3 weeks (Gonal F for the latter 2 of the weeks) and my egg collection is arranged for Monday, and I just really wanted to hear from anyone else who has been through the same treatment as us and come out with the right result on the other side! 

I have been really lucky in that I haven't had any side effects from the drug themselves, but I just feel like I have a big black cloud over my head all the time and a gut feeling that this won't work.  I had a scan today and I have around 8 or 9 good sized follicles, but I am really nervous about the egg collection on Monday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

x

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Danim80! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment!

I had 5 failed IUI's before I had my IVF cycle. I had 4 follies which produced 2 eggs, only one fertilised and made it to transplantation, and the result is upstairs tormenting her dad as we speak (I can hear them over the babyphone!)! So she is proof that IVF does work, and it only does take one. I also had the feeling that it wasn't going to work, I had already started planning to get fitter, lose weight, getting my body ready for my next cycle. I was 100% certain that cycle had failed - I was shocked when I got a BFP!!

I was really nervous about egg collection, I am a total hospital and needle phobic, when my dad was in hospital I fainted twice!! I can't even watch Casualty! But it was fine, I had a general anesthetic and when I came round I felt all happy and floaty, I think I must have been high on the drugs! ;) They gave me a bed for a few hours, I slept a bit, read a bit, then DH came and took me home. I felt a slight discomfort, but I wasn't in pain.

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

For A rough guide to IVF -CLICK HERE

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

You could also join the cycle buddies and chat to people who are going through treatment at exactly the same time as you -CLICK HERE

And once you are on the 2WW you could chat to others to help you try to stay sane (I know it isn't easy!). Here is a link to that section - CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE.

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Let us know how things go on Monday!

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Damin80,
It's perfectly natural to feel negative! I do all the time. Everyone says how important it is to stay positive, but this is a very difficult position to be in, and some days even smiling seems like too much of an effort! Just be kind to yourself, and don't beat yourself up for feeling low. Everyone deals with it differently. I sometimes feel like it isn't going to work. Fear that it wont I guess. We just have to take each day as it comes.

Good luck on Monday. Let me know how you get on. Feel free to message me any time you feel low.  ^hugme^

Angs x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Angs

Thanks for posting - it is a big relief and help to read about other people who are going through/experiencing the same as me as it sounds like your treatment has followed a very similare course to mine.  I feel like no one really understands, however hard they try and empathise, and my DH is great but obviously can't understand what it is like for me.

I am quite proud of the fact that I have been able to have all the injections (courtesy of DH) as I am a complete needle phobic, but I am also partly scared that if this doesn't work, I have to go through having the injections all over again.

All my fingers are crossed for tomorrow and am trying to have positive thoughts. 

x

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi danim80!

Hope it went well today!!! I've got appointment at IVF clinic tomorrow. Af finally arrived a week late! Assuming I'll have baseline scan and be given treatment plan, so hopefully be having EC and ET in new year. I hope you're feeling a bit better. I've had a good week on the whole, but have been very down about it all. You're really not alone. Everyone on this site understands how you feel. I met up with a lady from this site for a coffee over the summer, she was convinced it hadn't worked but ended up having a lovely little boy! Let me know how ET goes! Will be thinking of you!
^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^
Angs x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Angs

How did your appt go yesterday?  Hope all the treatment can go ahead as planned.

EC went well - I was more worried about the sedation than anything which was silly, but luckily I was just asleep through it all.  They managed to collect 8 eggs, of which 3 are usable (2 stronger than the others) so we are have ET tomorrow which will be Day 3 so we still have everything crossed.

When do you start all of your treatment?  Wishing you lots of luck!!

D x

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi danim80,

exciting about ET! How are you feeling about tomorrow? Good luck!!!! Let me know how it goes.
Starting Suprecur injections on Jan 4th, hoping to have EC on Jan 31st.

Got everything crossed for you  ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

Angs x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts