Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, after looking through your chats for ages i have finally joined as feeling very sad today. My name is mandy and im 37(just). We have been trying to concieve since i was 30 and we had all the routine tx's through our hosp (4 clomid and 2 IUI-all neg) In 2004 we had our 1st IVF after finding out FSH level was high, i didnt respond well to the drugs and only managed 2 folls, we pushed ahead and got 2 embryos and i got a BFP. A miracle- who is my scrummy little boy Billy. Jan 2007 tried again BFN, July BFN, Dec BFN. Started sniffing again 26thfeb 2008. Very poor response again, but we insisted on carrying on, FSH 17.8 and was told no one with a count of 20 can get pregnent but all i could think of was Billys cycle, again to get 2 embryos 1 at 5 cell and 1 at 4 cell. Had period pains since ET so new hadnt worked straight away( this always happens) and have had a BFN this morning. Feel very low and want to try again but am i being selfish to my son and should i just move on and concentrate on what ive got?

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi and welcome Billsmummy

Just saw your post and wanted to say "No no no not selfish at all!" I don't see why the wish to have children would go away just cos you've already got one?!

I'm soo sorry that you had a BFN today honey ^hugme^ , it's natural that you would be feeling down right now, but you won't feel that way forever... why not give yourself a little time to recover from the BFN and in the meantime, there is a secondary fertility board on here and there's so many lovely friendly helpful girls, we'll have you smiling again before you know it.

Take care honey and link to the secondary fert board is here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=44.0

All the best lovey

Nix
xxx

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nix, thanks for your lovely reply. I will have a follow up appt sometime next week and ill be raring to go again, i think the stress of tx keeps me from going mad. Hey good luck to you with the collection - may the force be with you!
Hope to speak to you again
mandy x

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
;D ;D ;D  I'm loving the Star wars references today! I already said on another board that people would be seeing the dark side of Nix today cos I'm not in the mood for any foolishness and here you come with "may the force be with you"!

Thank you for making me smile today :)  And good luck for your follow-up hon

xxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF billsmummy ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I am so sorry to read of your BFN, as nix says it's natural that you would be feeling down right now, I hope that with the knowldege and support within FF you will soon be moving forward in a your quest to have a sibling for Billy. please just jump right in and post wherever.

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,
You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

IVF General ~
CLICK HERE

Negative cycle -
CLICK HERE

Hoping for another miracle -
CLICK HERE

We also have a section on FF called Babydust, where parents can chat and share parenting tips.

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts