Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello FF

What a great support network this is.  I wish I had known about this site before we started treatment.  The advice and information I have picked up from here has been really helpful.  Thanks to those who have shared their experiences.  I joined last week and have been reading some of the postings.  I accidentally entered a chat room as I didn't realise those in the chat room could see everyone that was online! ;D  I've been trying to get my head around the acronyms too so have saved the list to make it easier for me.

I never imagined there was a problem with me and my DH having children and just assumed that we were just unlucky.  Investigations began last year.  I looked into having acupuncture for infertility and even took vitamins purchased from H&B.  It was before Xmas after an HSG that I learnt I had 1 blocked tube and then the roller coaster began.  Because the blockage was in the middle of my tube and given my age, the cons told me private IVF would be the best route.  We were given a list of clinics as well as the HFEA guide to look through and having read these and looked on the internet, we drew up a shortlist of possible clinics before deciding on the clinic we would use.  For us it was the location of the clinic and the success rates for my age group that were important.   I had an emotional chat mid Jan with the nurse (DH wasn't there, thank God as he was working!) and I was only there to see the clinic and have a few questions answered.  We had an appointment with the gynae and he suggested we come back after our holiday if needed to see him.  We went on holiday at the beginning of March and I failed to conceive. We booked an appointment with the gynae as soon as we got back.

Started treatment at the end of Apr.  I hate taking injections at the best of times so when I had to take them as part of my treatment I wasn't happy.  I was glad though when I found out I would be using an auto-injector.  I did suffer from wind  :-[, slight headaches from the buserelin (and yes I do drink enough water!) and bruising from the injections/blood tests.  I bruise v. easily :(

I had my EC yesterday at the Lister Hospital (should have been on Tues but I had to wait for my levels to come down) and had 21 eggs.  Unfortunately DH had 10 sperm (told it should have been 20+) and it was suggested that we do half of ICSI at an additional cost.  We decided to go with this and are waiting to hear on the embies.... ^reiki^
As soon as we got home I went straight to back to bed (we had to wake up at 6 to get to the hospital!) and with several hours of sleep I am wide away now ::)

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Littlebit

Welcome to Fertility Friends

Pleased that you have posted

I am sure that you will gain lots of advice, support and friendship from the boards

Sorry to read that you needed IVF but hope that it brings your dreams come true

well done on the 21 eggs thats fantastic number
Regarding DH we had a similar thing happen at our EC and we had all ICSI
^fingerscrossed^ for some perfect embies taking shape today and beyond ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Here are a few links you may find helpful to check out

The lister clinic thread

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=139776.0

The May/June cycle buddies thread

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=141703.0

the 2ww board
a place to chat to other ladies in the two week wait (post egg transfer)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=27.0

Also Dizzi and Caz two of the moderators host a newbie chat, i am sure that Dizzi will be along to give more information on that one very soon

more info can be found here

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=85409.15

Wishing you lots of luck

Emxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Em.

Well, I got the call about 20 mins ago.  Looks like my brain took in the wrong info and DH had 10 Million sperm when it should have been 20 Million and not what I told you!  We have 10 embies.  No grades, single cell but tomorrow they should be 2-4 cells hopefully and 5-8 cells on Tues.  I'm provisionally booked in Tues for the ET and they will call me in the a/m to confirm.  Plan to go into work and leave for a few hours rather than take the day off because if it doesn't go ahead I would have wasted a days leave and I don't have many left.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Hello and welcome

Just wanted to say congratulations on your embies and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for your ET and 2ww. This website has been a godsend to me and I am sure it will be a big help for your 2ww.

Take care xxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GTBAM.

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Littlebit ^hugme^
Reading your post made me smile, I'm glad youve found us! and started finding your way around

Emily has given you some wonderful advice and links, be sure to check them out. I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dizzi.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Littlebit

Welsome to FF, hope you manage to find all the advice and support you need on the site, it's an amazing place.

Dizzi and Em have left you some brilliant tips and you will soon get used to the acronyms and navigating your way around.  I have only been on here for a few weeks but it already feels like years.  It's really great that you had 21 eggs and 10 Embies  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hope everything is going ok for you and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for your ET tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Foxy x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Foxy.  Will do.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Welcome to FF Littlebit

As you've sussed you've found a fantastic place full of lovely ladies.

Good luck with your ET  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

Take care

xxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks WendyD.

ET went well this a/m despite the near hour wait.  Had to decide on whether to transfer 1 or 2 embies but we decided on just 1 and freeze the other 2.  I  ^pray^ we get a BFP next Sat when we do the test.

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^2ww^ ^goodluck^  ^reiki^ ^2ww^ ^goodluck^  ^reiki^ ^2ww^ ^goodluck^  ^reiki^ ^2ww^ ^goodluck^  ^reiki^

·
Registered
566 Posts
^goodluck^ Littlebit

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Foxy x

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Good luck on your 2ww hun  ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts