Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all  ;D

I'm new here at FF and thought that I would introduce myself.
Firstly, I've got to get a handle on the acronyms that are flying around this website!! Thankfully I have just found a list which seems to explain everything so I too can talk about AF, PG, TTC, my DH, and hopefully one day soon, a BFP!!!  ;D

Now for a little history on myself......
I have always had irregular periods and, a few years ago, had a few tests done to find out what was wrong. I was diagnosed with 'probable' PCOS (high LH - 16 and high Testosterone levels) and was told to come back when I wanted to think about conception.
I am however what the Dr described as a 'non-typical' PCOS sufferer..... she said that I am slim and do not have excess hair etc.

After my diagnosis I went on to use Dianette as a form of contraception and, after 4 years, decided to come off the contraceptive drugs with the view of trying to concieve.
I stopped taking Dianette after my wedding day in January and hoped for the return of my periods.... however, they never came!!

In March I decided to see the Dr again and he ran more blood tests to get a more up-to-date idea of what was going on with my body......
He, again, said that I had PCOS and put me on metformin (1 week: 1st x 500mg/day, 2nd week: 2 x 500 mg/day, 3rd week onwards: 3 x 500 mg/day).

I started the treatment on 19th April and have not yet had a period (or AF!!!) so am a bit confused as to whether the treatment is actually working or not.......... it definately made me feel bloated (grumbly tummy!) sick/ loose my appetite in the first few weeks and (I am normally quite reasonable and a happy-go-lucky person) but it has also made me quite 'on edge' and grumpy for no reason at all!!  :-[
I am also not liking the fact that I can't drink much anymore - although, I know that it is good for my body.

I am hoping that the medication will kick start my ovulation and periods and am waiting with baited breath for my first........ I never thought I would look forward to a period before (not had one since my last 'pretend period' whilst on Dianette (Jan).

Hugs!  ^hugme^
xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It did take me while I must admit..... I thought that I had better understand what people were talking about before I posted anything!! - else I wouldn't know what their replies meant!!  ^idiot^

I'm just in the process of trying to get my DH to arrange to have SA (look at me - I'm getting good at it now!!) - he is a bit scared of going though cause he thinks its embaressing and doesn't want to know if there is something wrong with him - bless him!

Looking forward to speaking to people on here - its nice to know that I am not alone - I can't believe how many people use this site!!!  :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, congrats with the new children! How exciting!!! ;D I bet that you are a very happy mummy now! I'm really pleased for you!

SA is apparently: Sperm analysis!!! - not South Africa as I first thought it was!!! ^idiot^
Yuh, don't think my hubby wants to give a sperm sample -bless him!! He is scared that he will be taken into a seedy room and told to perform!! Lol! just like a circus: ^monkey^
(I'm loving these emoticons BTW!!!)

List for all the acronyms is here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=101841.0
I saved it as a favourite so I don't loose it!! ;D

I've just located my local forum - thanks for your help!!
Good luck with the new additions.
xx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ cheeki_munki ^monkey^ and welcome to FF :) :-*

Ooh glad you have found the glossary and it's now stored safely in your favourites, you've got the hang of the acronyms really quickly, I'm impressed. Heres hoping that you do get your ^BFP^ ^afro^ in the near future ^reiki^

For now, I'm going to leave you some links for boards where you can 'meet' other members and share laughter, support, advice and experiences with them. Apologies, if you have already found some of these boards.

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

PCOS
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Somewhere, Dh may want to visit to 'meet' other chaps

The Mens Room~

CLICK HERE

I see you have already found the locations boards ^afro^, these are fab to get the low down on local clinics. If it's your thing there is also opportunity to meet with local girls/couples.

That should keep you busy for a while, however don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need anything else, just shout! :)

Louj x :-* :)

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi cheeki-munki  ^wave^

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

How close are you to your hospital? When my DP did his SA sample, he did it at home  ;) then took it to the hospital which was 20 mins away. Maybe an idea as i know my DP felt under so much pressure, that i came home from work one day to be told it had all been done  ;D

Good luck on your journey  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi cheeki munki and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

Sorry to hear you have PCOS and that you do not have your AF yet - hope the tablets work and good luck for the future.

Kate xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts