Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just joined yesterday.
I'm new to chat rooms and forums so please be patient with me.
A little about me. I am 36 and have been attending a Fertility centre for the past 2 years. To cut a long story short we are to have ICSI. I had a cyst and have endometriosis. I was due to start treatment in March but from my scan my cyst had returned. I had a repeat scan a few weeks later and it was clear, only a few small cysts. I have now started Zoladex injections for 2 months, just had 2nd injection, start of month 2. I am due a scan in 3 weeks time to see what happens next. Has anyone else had zoladex for down regulation? I would really like to hear from anyone in the same situation or similar. 
Look forward to your comments.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello snowy12, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I have seen zoladex used for long term down regulation before. Yes it's often used for endo sufferers or those, like you, prone to cysts to ensure everything is quiet when you are ready to start. You'd be surprised how common cysts found during down reg are! Lost of ladies get them and often it's a one off so you should ^fingerscrossed^ be good to go next time!
While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

Here's a few more links to some parts of FF that you might fidn useful:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

ICSI ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
hello snowy

didnt just want to read your intro without saying Hi and welcome  :) sorry to hear your problems TTc and your problems with cysts i am not in that situation so cannot comment but i am sure you will find lots of people in the same/similar boat as yourself  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ good luck with the injections and the scan  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

take care

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Snowy ^hugme^

Caz has given you some wonderful advice and links, be sure to check them out. I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Welcome Snowy,
Sorry to hear about your IF problems.  I just want to welcome you and wish you all the best for the current TX.  I can't help with your questions but I'm sure someone will be along who can

·
Registered
232 Posts
hi Snowy
Can't help with the Zoladex but wanted to say hi.  YOu'll find this site really useful, all the girls are v helpful x

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Hello Snowy

Welcome to FF and good luck with your treatment!

Hope to see you with a BFP soon!  ^reiki^

I haven't had Zoladex before hon but if you go onto our ICSI boards I am sure there will be some ladies on there going with them jabs too  :-*

Love Saila xxx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Snowy12 and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

I too had cysts and endometriosis which was treated with a lap and dye and now 2 of my cysts have come back but nothing to worry about at the moment. I wanted to wish you loads of luck with the ICSI treatment and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Snowy

Welcome to the site.  I am new here too and your posting struck a chord with me.  I have had endometriosis for many years with recurrent cysts.  I have had treatment with Zoladex in the past and had some problems with it, mainly bad side effects.  The one thing I have learned over the last few years though is that every woman is different and what works for you may not work for someone else. 

On a positive note, my right ovary consistently produces cysts but each time I have had IVF/ICSI this is the ovary which has responded really well - the one without the cysts hasn't produced any follicles.  So the cysts shouldn't stop you from commencing treatment, make sure you speak to your consultant about it.

Sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ nd lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Foxylady

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Thanks for that.
I have now started treatment so fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts