Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ;D,

My Name is sarah and i have just started my injections for ICSI. Not really sure what to expect so thought i would try to find people going through a similar process.

We found out a year ago my partner has a REALLY low sperm count and our only option is this (nice to have an option though) Friends and family have been really good, but they never know what to say or do and some people always feel really uncomftable talking about it!

Trying to stay happy and not too scared after reading all the side effects :-\

Would love to here from others in the same boat :)

Love Sarah x

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hi sarah

just wanted to say hello and welcome to such a wonderful site that has helped me loads and i am sure you will get lots of support too xxxx sorry to hear you have had problems and your DH has low sperm count we are not in that position we are unexplained so i cannot help with that side of things xxxx

have you found the ICSI thread there will be lots of like minded people there to help you through your cycle  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

all the very best and good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Sarah :)

Welcome to FF and sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^ for your current ICSI cycle :).

I'm going to give you some links, which will enable you to 'chat' to girls that you can share advice, support and friendship with.

For the ICSI board -CLICK HERE

For Cycle buddies -CLICK HERE

Male factors -CLICK HERE

DH, may want to register and chat to other chaps on FF

The Mens Room~

CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for now! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) This is a great area to meet local members and get the lowdown on local clinics etc.

Best of luck and everything crossed for you ^reiki^

Louj :) :-*

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to FF!! I;ve had loads of support from everyone on here, they're a great bunch!!

I've not long finished 1st ICSI and hopefully going for 2nd soon. We are unexplained IF but sure someone will be along soon with advice re low count.

GOOD LUCK with tx sending you ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Suzee xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Sarah and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with the ICSI and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi sarah im new to this too!  i go for my ist consultation tomorrow. dh had failed vasectomy reversal so NO sperm :( but im hoping icsi with tese is our answer.  how long was it from agreeing a treatment until you start taking the drugs?  good luck xxx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hello Sarah xxxx Welcome to FF  :) My DH also has very low count and bad motility also, our only option was ICSI and do you no what I said exactly the same...........at least we have a choice and a chance, unfortunatley our 2 ICSI'S ended in BFN  :'(  however we are going for our 3rd attempt in sept!! :) I hope you get you BFP 1st time lucky like lots of others do including a very close friend of mine. sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and wish you lots and lots of luck hun xx
Hayleigh xxxxx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Sarah (great name by the way  ;) )
Welcome to FF. My DH has a very low count and very bad motility too. We've just finished our second attempt at ICSI and got a BFP!!!
How's the injections going? Are you taking Buserelin? Hope they don't hurt too much. The side effects do get better once you start your stimulation drugs so you won't feel crappy for long hun  ^hugme^
Miracles can and do happen so try to stay positive (I know.....easier said than done!)
Good luck. Sending you lot's of sticky vibes.
Sarah xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all so much for your messages, so nice to know that there are so many people going through the same things  :)

Don't feel quite like and alien now-although i do feel like a pin cushion  ;D

Hope to keep you all updated!

Love & hugs,

Sarah x x  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sarah

Am just about to 1st appointment (on Thursday) to sort our IVF and ICSi for the same reasons as you.  You're so right .. where there is a will there is a way.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hope you're feeling OK, it would be great to share with you some of what you are going through as some of the terms are completely new to me!!

Best wishes
Renée
xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts