Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I've just joined FF and have been trawling the site at work and at home - I know I am not the only one in this situation but you always think its that way, especially when you don't really want to talk to anyone other than DH about it. 
I'm 41 and had an Ectopic in '98 and have tried 2 x IVF/2 x ET on and off since then, last one being this May when my egg failed to fertilise.  I told our German DR that we will try again, refusing to acknowledge that my eggs are prob beyond their sell-by date and he was finding it hard to tell me.  Yesterday I found your site and am now thinking of ED in Spain.  Spoke to DH and he is agrees, although he wants us to consult DR here first.  I was thinking of the IVI clinics in Barcelona or Alicante.  I would really appreciate advice from personal experience of these clinics, questions to ask, what to expect on 1st consultations, etc.  We are thinking of having a 1st consult with Alicante and Barcelona (to see where we feel more comfortable) - is this a waste of time? 

Look forward to any replies...thanks!   :)

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Sandradee ^hugme^

Its not a waste of time hun!
I'm sorry treatment hasnt worked for you so far and that DE is now the way forward, I hope that by reading the info on FF ( try a site search too) you get some feedback on your questions and are able to try having a family in this unique way

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found,
I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,

TTC over 40 -
CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs
CLICK HERE

Pregnancy loss
CLICK HERE

Forget me not ~ A place for our members to remember their loved but lost babies.
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both for your advice.  I must admit I spent most of yesterday on the site and was even  dreaming about it last night!  However, all the info and stories are really helpful and we have gone ahead and booked an appointment with IM Barcelona.  It's not until 15th September.  Now we have to make an appt with our German consultant and hopefully he will agree to supoprt us over here with the scan, etc. 

I was feeling quite negative before I found this site - for the first time I was close to admitting defeat when I 've always been so positive and never thought that we wouldn't have children.  So thanks to all the stories I read yesterday, we are pressing on!

:)  ^reiki^

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hi Sandradee,

I am new to FF also as of yesterday and it has been a great source of information and help to me already.

Good luck with everything.
L
x ^daisy^

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Lentil

Don't give up is all I can say...we've been TTC for over 11 years, still hoping for a miracle.  Because our infertility was unexlained, we kept thinking I would get pregnant naturally.  Never happened and at age 41 I think time is running out - last IVF in May 08 confirmed that when eggs didn't fertilise.  Can't wait until Sept for appt at IM Barcelona. 

Good luck to you too. 

^fairydust^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts