Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Fertility Friends!

Just discovered this webiste and really glad that I have. Finally a place where I fit in and feel "normal"!!!

Well my hubbie & I have been ttc for nearly 3 years. I'm 26 and he's 28. We've been married nearly 4 years.

After coming off the pill my periods were all over the place and cycles got longer & longer. Was put on Clomid which got things back into a regular pattern, but still no baby.

After a year and numerous tests that were all clear, we were advised to go for IVF.

After much thought we decided to delay IVF until next year. I lost my father to cancer in January 04 and needed time to get over my loss. My hubbie has been incredibly supportive about this. Even though he'd love a baby he understands that now is not a good time to consider something as stressful as IVF.

However, I haven't been twiddling my thumbs and praying for a miracle! After reading Dr Marilyn Glenville's book I decided to adopt a natural approach for a while.I've been having accupuncture, attend yoga classes and have been seeing a nutritionalist to sort my shocking diet out (no more chocolate!) Don't know if anybody else has been trying this?

I'm hoping that a few months of healthy eating and sorting my mineral levels out will have the desired effect. If not - I'm off to the Maldives in March for a nice break with my hubbie, some us time to devise a plan of action and then we'll come back and start putting the IVF wheels into motion.

Feel like I've been living with this for so long now and getting no where fast. Think I'd pass out with shock if I ever saw the desired blue line!

Wishing ladies out there with the same dream the best of luck and welcome any comments/words of wisdom. Stay positive - we can beat this!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hello AnnieR,

Welcome to FF!! I have only recently joined myself and have found it invaluable so far. Everyone has been so supportive.

I am very sorry to hear that you are dealing with fertility issues and the loss of your father, what a very difficult time for you.

I am waiting to start icsi in the new year and know how difficult the waiting game is.  Its the 'not knowing' that is the worse isn't it. Every new month brings the new hope that it might just happen - hang on in there. 

I hope your new approach brings you the success that you so deserve.  Wishing you lots of luck

^fairydust^

Kty

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi annie,welcome to FF,i must say you sound very sencible,i think time out for you and dh is a great idea it will give you time to get your head together after your loss.Wishing you the best of luck in the future.skye. :-*

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Annie
welcome to the site, i have found it soo helpfull so many people to talk too
we are starting ivf next month, i have bad endo and am running low on eggs
all abit of a shock really, we went to the Maldives last year for our honeymoon ;D it was sooo lovely really paradise I'm very jealous, we are moving next year and having to pay for ivf i don't think we will be having holls like that in the near future :mad:
good luck

Charlotte

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't say that we can really afford it either Charlotte. To be honest we've blown our entire IVF kitty on this holiday!!! I think it was the best thing to do. As much as I want a baby now, now, now - I don't think I'm ready mentally or emotionally to take IVF on right now. I'm hoping that once the first anniversary of my Dad's passing has been and gone and I've had 2 weeks of me time on a desert island - I'll be feeling alot stronger and ready to take on whatever IVF has in store for me! I'm also a bit scared about IVF if I'm honest. Not a big fan of internal examinations, but I'm getting some help with that in preperation for next year.

Wishing you lots of luck when you start IVF. Keep me posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts