Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Have just joined today. Never been on a chat site before so bit nervous! Just starting 2nd stage of 2nd ivf. Had first last April and got lots of eggs but not enough mature. Had 2 transferred but bfn. Started 2nd cycle in nov but ohss. They collected 20, got 13 embryos. All embryos frozen after collection. I'm due for fet in a couple of weeks and a bit confused about how many embryos to thaw... If that's the right term?! I'd like to know if anyone else is going through the same at the moment or if anyone has any advice?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi huni, didnt want to read and run. I am sorry to hear about your bfn and also about ohss. I took ohss on my first icsi so i know how awful it can be. Great news on the 13 embies though. I hope this FET brings you better luck huni. I think when it comes to thawing your embies speak to the consultant and see what they advise. I have had 2 FETs, i got 17 embies. All mine were frozen on day 1. For each FET we thawed 6 embies to give us the best possible chance of getting 2 good ones to transfer. Why dont you look on the FET thread, there are lots of ladies who are having FETs over the next while and they will be able to support you all the way. Wishing you all the best for your upcoming treatment. If you need to chat just pm me.

Emma xx

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hiya Rita :) and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Frozen Embryo Transfer ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

Negative Cycle Follow up Questions ~ CLICK HERE ^hugme^

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi Rita welcome!  ^hugme^
I'm new myself and I have already found incredible support!
I am not on IVF so can't advise but I can give you a warm welcome and wish you good luck!  :-*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts