Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to these sites despite loosing hours going through message boards trying to find answers and people in similar situations!! I wasn't sure how I felt about them at first as usually end up getting quite emotional reading both positive and negative stories! However, I'm now on day 10 of my suprecur injections and feeling quite emotional and quite alone if I'm honest as it's very hard for friends and family to understand how you are feeling! So I'm looking for people in similar situations (going for my 1st scan in an hour!).

Also.....is anyone out there struggling with these injections??!! I can't bear them and am finding them really painful!! Probably because I'm getting myself so worked up over them! I'm even waking in the night worrying about them!! Any tips/help would be welcome!!!

BTW this is my 1st go on ICSI! Xxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Frankie.

Firstly - your not on your own and there are thousand of people on here to chat to and put your mind at rest.  :)

I absolutely hate needles - but I found that if you put an ice pack on the area before hand you dont feel the needle going in and the slower DH pushed the medicine in the better.  If he pushed it in fast it would sting like heck. But the slower you inject it the less it hurt ( well thats what i found anyway)  ;D  and Ive been told that you get less bruising if you inject slowly. 

Really good luck with your scan today = sending you loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Loads of love and luck

Daisy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Frankie, hope your scan goes ok.

I normally use the nasal spray but this time I had the injections.I did find them painful sometimes when trying to get the needle in.I was also told about putting an ice pack on the area but was also advised to change the needle end as when you draw the buserelin into the syringe it can blunt the end a bit.Hope this helps, xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts