Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new to this site. I have my first consultation for private ivf in 3 days and feel excited, anxious and nervous.
We have been trying for a baby for 6 years. I have PCOS and Had 3 early miscarriages and 2 ectopics the last being at Christmas and lost a tube as well. I was told the remaining tube is at high risk of ectopic. I have been so scared of getting pregnant naturally that I am too scared for sex. The only option now is ivf and I am so so desperate to be a mum.
The thing on my mind tonight is what bmi is best suited to success at ivf. I have put on a lot of weight since last ectopic and worried that I need to lose weight to give myself the best possible chance. Can anyone advise me please?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey

Sorry to hear all uve been thru..BMI when goin thru NHS is below 35 but if ur goin private its more leniet!!some places dont weigh u they just go by how u look!!im in belfast and ive seen quite a few overweight women and they have been excepted unto NHS...realistically u would have plenty of time to lose weight cos ivf is a long process...waitin time can vary but i was on list for well over 3 yrs!!i did have apps thru out that time but we went unto list in 2007 but actual drugs didnt start till feb this year!!we are now on 2ww!!good luck with it all any way!!.really hope u get ur BFP.:)  ^hugme^

Jenna xx

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi,

I saw your topic title and thought it might benefit you to read through a thread that I post on. It's quite long, but might help you out a bit if you have the time to read it. It's under IVF general chit chat and the title is 'Just Starting IVF'. Hope this helps you a bit. Also, I read a few of the diaries on here and found that that has helped me a bit too.

Best of luck, Karen x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jenna and Karen for your replies. Good luck Jenna on getting through the 2 weeks and hope you are successful.
Karen thanks for the advice. I have a bmi of 27 at the mo so should be ok and I will look up your ivf thread.
Thanks all x

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Can I just confirm for you ladies that for NHS treatment your BMI has to be under 30 not 35 and this is very strictly adhered to!

Thanks

Axxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts