Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to start IVF on the 7th March & have just found this site, I have had a little browse around already & am hoping for some help/answers or just a chat with people going through the same thing.
I am 37 & my other half is 42  we have been together 13 years & TTC for 7 Years, I had always thought i couldn't get pregnant but in my younger years didn't really want any but then i found out i was pregnant in 2005 & after 12 weeks i started bleeding I went to the hospital & was told i had had a miscarrige & to go home & let nature take its course! 3 days later i collapsed at work & was taken to hospital & scanned & told i had had an Ectopic & they had to operate straight away as my fallopian tube had burst, my right tube was removed & it frightened me so much i was scared to try again.
In 2008 I had a Lap & dye test & my remaining tube was found to be blocked & I was told that there was nothing they could do & the waiting list for IVF was long.
Luckily I had a friend who's dad was a Gyne surgeon & he said he would try to unblock my tube, he operated & managed to remove a blockage but then discovered I had fibroids which must of been there for years (now i know why for the past 10 years i had had such heavy painful periods)
the Fibroids were removed during lap op & we were referred to St Marys for IVF in Sept 2010, we have had all the tests & my OH has a good sperm count & my eggs are good for my age
the IVF is due to start on the 7th March 2011 & I have been fine about it up until now, I am scared & don't know what to expect to the point I have nearly pulled out a couple of times hence why I came on here............................Phew long winded story out & I feel a bit better already just getting it down
Thanks for taking the time to read this & I wish everyone else going through this the best of luck  :)

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
WELCOME TO FF

Alix9374

Am so glad that you have found us, here you will meet like minded people that will help and support you in your journey whatever the length of time that you are on it. There are many members of FF with a true understanding of what you are feeling at all stages, you will find some appropriate starting points from my Links

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

Fertility Guides
CLICK HERE

Pregnancy, Stillbirth & Neonatal loss ~ CLICK HERE

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

Its not all just serious stuff here, you can also have a bit of fun or just gossip while you are on FF too so check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Lou

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^hugme^ Thanks Mandy & Lou.
you have made me feel a bit better about the whole nerves thing  :-*
I came on my period 2 days after my little wobble so now i know why i was feeling so upset & horrible about the whole IVF process, my PMS catches me unawares every month  :)
Lou I have clicked on the links you posted & have found them helpful but i couldn't click on the link which explains all the abbreviations? I have worked a few out myself but some are very confusing  ;D
Mandy I will pray for the best for you also seeing as we are both starting in March it would be nice to here how you get on.

Thanks, Alice  ^daisy^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
try it now Alice i have put a new link on there ;)
Good luck
xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^hugme^ Thanks Lou I had a look & understand the terminolagy a bit more now xx ^fairydust^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts