Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I wonder if anyone can help me. I have had all the blood tests and swab tests. I have had a baseline scan at the fertility clinic and have met with the counselor. We are due to have an appointment with the consultant next Tues. We are donating eggs as well. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it will last and what we are to expect. Does it all interfere massively with work? I feel really excited that it is all happening at last but we are not sure about the finer details and everyone just assumes we know!!

Thanks, Rach

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Rachel

Well done on getting this far , does it interfere with work? well ive just had my first attemp at ivf and am currently on the 2ww, all in all we had a total of 8 visits to the hospital ;) in the last couple of weeks it was 3 times in a week so be prepared for similar..Good luck anyways, i suppose everyone is different but this might give you a rough idea.

Good luck Di  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Rachel

I am new too, and unsure about how many appointments is required /timescale too for ivf.

It's now just a matter of hubby and myself agreeing to IVF.  We have a follow up appointment from my dye tests(fallopian tubes) on 8th March but not looking good.  IVF seems our only hope - going to go private as no funding available to us.  I know exactly how you are feeling, the drs tend to just skim over everything.  There are so many unanswered questions and you could be sat there all day asking them. This site has proved to be excellent for anyone new to IVF and much more!

Good to hear from you and all the best with your next appointment Rachel.

YodaXoX

^daisy^ ^rainbow^ ^daisy^ 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.