Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Lister peeps,

I'm thinking of going to Lister but have seen that you only see a consultant for the initial  and the ET, and the rest of the appts are with nurses. Is that right and does that work ok?

I like the idea of going to the old broad st clinic for lister cos it will be convenient for travel.

Any thoughts on whether appts without a consultant is a negative welcome x

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hi Mrs DC,

At the initial consultation the consultant will set your protocol; thereafter, once you've started your cycle, the appointments are with the sonographers for scans and nurses for bloods.  The consultants will always review the results of these, and if any changes are needed to be made, you will get a call.  And yes, the consultant will do the ET, but also the EC before that.  In the unfortunate event of a negative cycle, the follow-up is with the consultant.

So, there isn't really any need for a consultant to be there for the in-between bits IYSWIM.

Hope this helps. 

Jo

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
No problem and good luck with your consultation.  Please feel free to join the main thread at any time :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello jo and mrs dc, I was just wondering how you are both finding the lister and how the initial consultation went?  I have my first initial consultation on Monday!

Lisa xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Lisa,

I am really pleased with the lister so far. Initial consultation was with Alison Taylor back in January which was around an hour long with an internal scan just before cos I hadnt had that before. The result of that scan was handed to the consultant during the same appt. Very refreshing after our nhs experiences.  She recommended a lap as the next step for me having thoroughly looked at all my results I took along with me. I had the lap/hyst yesterday (the small set back being that it wasn't during the early part of the cycle to avoid losing a month of trying naturally) but and like you, I have a blocked tube. I was pleased with the care and attention in the hospital and will be taking the advice to go for ivf. I have a follow up appt in a few days to work out a plan.

Overall I think we have made the right decision so far.

I hope ur appt went well x

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Mrs DC,

Hope all is well and was just wondering how things are going with the Lister.  You have a blocked tube too? Did they say how that will effect it?

My appointment went well, have to wait for AF to have further blood tests and DH has to have a couple and then hopefully we can start IVF.  Just working out when my next appointment will be.

Hope you are feeling better from the lap/hyst.

I cant wait to start now

lisa
xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lisa,

The blocked tube has reduced my chances of falling pregnant but apparently, one tube out of action does not reduce the chances by half.  That combined with my low amh level has resulted in the dr recommending ivf.  So I'm on the cycle now and had my first scan yesterday. The nurse was lovely, and really helped us understand what is going to happen step by step.

I am fine after the lap/hyst, thanks. Out of action for a day or so but fine after that.

Have you got your next appt booked now?

D xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.