Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies & Gents, I would love to join you all.

My name is Nick, I am 33 from Scotland.

We have been ttc for almost 3 years without success.  Having had many investigations including lap & dye, hormone levels and DHs tests too we have like many came under the "UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY" category.

We had been on the waiting list for IUI with the NHS since November 07 and due to being 23rd on the list in March we decided to investigate going private.

This does not effect our NHS position.... which is great.

As a result we have went for our initial consultation, our counciling and guidance meeting and we start our first IUI in Mays cycle..... which is just a few days away.

We are both so excited and pray so much that our miracle happens.  However I am also very concious about building myself up for a massive fall.... so I know I need to be positive but also realistic.

I have found our journey difficult at times due to the want and upset it can bring.  We know it will happen and we both just try so much to support each other and stay strong.

I am sure I will really enjoy this forum and would also hope that I can help or support anyone if I have the answers or have been there myself.

Thanks for taking time to read my intro.
Take care
Nick
xxxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Nick I too am from Scotland.  I am sorry I don't know about the iui as I am icsi but I am sure someone who does know will be on here soon!  I feel the infertility road is a long and emotional journey for anyone having to go down it.  I have had one cycle which was positive but I had to end my preg due to other complications :'(.  I am now ready to start the journey again and you have to take the highs with lows but it will be worth it in the end.  Don't put too much pressure on yourselfs you need to look after yourself and DH and take every day as it comes.  Good luck with the may cycles. ^hugme^ ^fairydust^

Eddxx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Edd,

So lovely to hear from you and I must agree we need to look after ouselves and DH.... I guess time just seems dissapear through our fingers in all aspects of life apart from ttc... where time just seems to stand still.

It wont belong until the IUI begins and I hope your ICSI journey will be up and running very soon.

Take care
Nick
x

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Hi Nick
You've come to a wonderful website full of support and understanding.  ^hugme^

We've also had several months of IUI which unfortunately didn't work out for us  I'm now in the middle of my 2nd IVF cycle.  We also come under the vague heading of 'unexplained' which is so frustrating because as there's nothing officially wrong with us, there's nothing that can me fixed.  :(  I'm on the unexplained thread which is full of mystery unexplained girls like us! You're more than welcome to join us there  :)

I wish you lots of luck with your May IUI  ^reiki^
Susan
xx  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Nick, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

You will certainly find plenty of support on FF, and I am sure you will mak elots of firneds here too.

Here's a few links you might want to start your with. PLease dive right on in and start posting:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Unexplained ~CLICK HERE

IUI ~CLICK HERE

Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Nick and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Im sorry to hear of your problems with trying for a baby and that you are in the unexplained catergory of infertility. I think that unexplained infertility is more frustrating! When me and my ex husband were told we both had problems we were strangely relieved as this meant there was a reason as to why we were not conceiving. I just want to wish you luck with your IUI and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts