Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site so not sure where to post my question.

I have just come out of hospital after having a lap for excision and laser of endo.  when i came around from the op they told me they had removed one of my ovaries and fallopian tubes.

My question is - Is there an evidence that the remaining ovary (assuming it is okay) will compensate for the lost one - will it produce an egg every month?

Hope someone can point me in the right direct for information

many thanks

chumley x

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Im so sorry to hear that the drs had to remove your ovary,  ^mercy^
It must of been a shock to wake up too. ^hugme^
Im afraid i cant answer your question but im sure that someone will be able too.
If no-one answers here maybe ask on the ask a nurse thread.
I had a op on my fallopian tubes recently and it really tires u out so put your feet up for a bit if u can, maybe join the girls in the chat room.
I hope everything works out ok for you hun.
Try to stay positive.
love Summer xXx

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi & welcome to FF
I had an ovary removed last year, this was planned and I was told, all being well, the remaining side should compensate for the loss of the other.
Good Luck
Chick

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Chumley,

Hope your feeling better!! Make sure you have plenty of rest and look after yourself!

My best friend had one ovary removed when she was 15 years old, apparently this hasn't affected her fertility, this one ovary compensates for the other one so she still ovulates every month and has normal periods, I don't know whether this is the same for you but thought it might help!

Lots of love

Emmak

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Chumley

Welcome to fertility friends

I am another endo lady with just one ovary and tube

I have managed to get pregnant with just the one ovary and tube and it does seem to have picked up and compensated for the one that was removed.

There is an endo chit chat being held in the Garden section of the chat room on thursday evening feel free to come and join us.

There is also a Endometriosis section under the diagnosis thread and also theres a thread under the inbetween treatment where a group of the endo ladies gather for a chit chat also.

Lots of support here sweets

There is lots of endometriosis support out there available too.

Thinking of you
Emilyxx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Im not sure about the answer to your question!!

But i wish you all the luck in the whole world!!!!!

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts