Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to fertility friends and would like to chat or make friends with people who are considering or have been through IVF in the Cambridgeshire area. I am fast approaching my 39th bday and I am now considering the next step - IVF.

I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Both my partner and I have very good numbers, he is 38. I guess I am looking to draw up some strength and courage to face the inevitable. The prospect of going down the IVF road scares me. I have done some research, and I may be wrong but it only sounds like Bourne Hall is the best option for treatment.

It would be good to hear from people in the local area. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
Hello & welcome Claire  :)

I’m not sure why but unfortunately the Bourn Hall Cambridge thread has been quiet for a while. I had treatment there & thought they were very good, in particular I really liked Dr Mauro. I know it seems daunting considering ivf but it really isn’t as scary as you may think  ^hugme^ It might be worth you going to an open day/evening at Bourn Hall so you can have a look round & speak to some of the staff  :)

When you come to starting treatment I would recommend joining the cycle buddies chat thread on fertility friends as it is nice to be in contact with others going through treatment at the same time as you, even if they are using other clinics. Depending on your position lots of ladies travel abroad for treatment as it is often cheaper than paying for treatment in this country.

I know unexplained infertility can be tough because you just want a reason so you can try & find how to solve it  ^hugme^

I don’t know whether you are taking any supplements but that might also be something that is worth considering  :)

If you have any questions or need any help with anything let me know  :)

Amy xxx
Moderator for East Anglia

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I have been to Bourn hall for treatment (ICSI) last October, unfortunately it didn't work.  We are now looking at Cambridge IVF.  Bourn were nice, however, we felt the aftercare wasn't so good. 
I am 39 and we have been trying for over 8 years with no joy  :'(

Claire841 have you had an appointment at Bourn yet?

xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts