Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm Jo, i am waiting for my next cycle to begin (nearly 3 weeks late) before we can have our discussion with my Gyno about starting IVF. i have had allot of tummy problems (2 major operations) and have been told that my tubes are to badly damaged so i wont be able to conceive with out IVF, i have been trying for a baby for 4 years now and have been on clomifene to assist, but with no joy, I have no idea what to expect for IVF and everything i read terrifies me. Can any one help, I'm confussed and to be honest a little scarred, i have read that this treatment is very hard emotionally and physically, can an one shed any light please

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Joanna

Im in a same sex relationship but have just gone through my first IVF treatment.  I know our reasons are different but IVF is pretty much the same.  Its quite an emotional time.  I had to have an operation to remove a fibroid before I could go ahead.  I found this out the day I should have been trying IUI.  I was unhappy with my clinic and moved to MFS and opted straight for IVF due to my age.  It can be a long process.  Chats, decisions. scans.  It is quite intrusive but well worth it.  Im sure you will be in good hands wherever you go.  My 1st lot of treatment didnt even get to the stage of collecting my eggs so we had to try a slightly different method.  There are many weeks of injections depending on your situation.  Along come mood swings, sawness from the needles etc.  However, we found out xmas eve after our 1st real attempt that we are pregnant and are due a 6 week scan to conf all is ok, on Friday.  Dont worry about a thing, we would do it all over again.  Go for it, take each step as it comes and keep positive but be realistic also.  Good luck to you.x  Roma and Nina.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Welcome to FF, Joanna!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

IVF isn't really terrifying. I have a hospital and needle phobia and I managed it get through it ok! The emotional side is much more difficult than the physical side - it really is a rollercoaster of emotions. Some days you are really up and positive, other days really down thinking it will never work, it is just best to take one day at a time and accept that whatever you are feeling is totally normal. I went through 5 unsuccessful IUI treatments before my IVF worked and getting those negative results is devastating. But whatever you go through, when you hold that baby in your arms you will realise it is totally worth it!

There is a great Rough Guide To IVF on the site ~CLICK HERE That explains the procedure very well.

Here are a few other links that I think you might find useful

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the information, i will be on here a lot as it seems to have all the answers i need, thank you for all the links i cant explain how helpfull they are,

Thank you Roma Nina and Sue x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.