Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I thought I'd make my official cheesy introduction here at last! DH and I are going to be having our 4th ICSI at IVF Wales in July. My baseline scan is on 16th July, and I should start stimms that day. I am doing a short protocol for the 2nd time, with 450iu of Menopur (going in with the big guns this  time!). I am also gonna be using Clexane, aspirin, Dexamethasone, and Gestone. Just covering all possibilities so that we don't have any regrest over not trying anything news.

Just a brief history of our treatment so far. 1st IVF with ICSI in Calderdale, Yorkshire in January 07. Long Protocol, 225 of Gonal F. Down regged for 9 weeks before being ready for stimms. Nightmare. 10 eggs collected, only 3 fertilised. Only 2 suitable for transfer, not good quality. A BFN as predicted.

2nd IVF with ICSI in Norway. September 07. Long Protocol with 225 Menopur. 9 eggs collected only 2 fertilised. BFN once again.

3rd IVF with ICSI at IVF Wales, January 08. Short protocol with 300iu of Menopur. 8 eggs collected, but only 6 mature enough. 3 fertilised, 2 pretty good embies replaced. BFP. Sad miscarriage of twins at 5 and 6 weeks.

So this next go, we are throwing everything we can at it in the hope that something will work!

·
Registered
646 Posts
^pompom^ Welcome! ^pompom^

Hope you find the site helpful.
Good luck for 16th July.

^jumpin^

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Chilipepper,

Wow thats some journey you've been on.  I really hope and  ^pray^ that this is the one for you!!

I've got my first scan on 16th July too!!!  I start Dr with Prostap on 24th June then scan and hopefully stimms (Gonna try Menopur this time).  This will be my 2nd ICSI, we sadly had a BFN on 2nd May.  Attending GRI in Glasgow. 

I joined this site when I found it by chance not long after we had out initial appt and I have found it invaluable since.  The people and support on here is just fab.

When do you start DR?  or do you on short protocol (still don't understand difference between them  ^idiot^)

Anyway welcome to FF - maybe we can be cycle buddies!!

Suzee xx

·
Registered
261 Posts
welcome to FF :)
Wishing you the very best for your next treatment ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^hugme^

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Chillipepper and welcome to FF :-*

Well done on your first post and it wasn't at all cheesy ;D ;) Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment hon and really hope that this one is a BFP and for keeps ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

I'm going to point you in the direction of boards where you can meet other members who you can share, laughs, support, information and friendship with, apologies in advance if you have found some of these already :)

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

For Cycle buddies -CLICK HERE

TTC after loss -
CLICK HERE

For the ICSI board -CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while, however don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic Great to meet local peeps and to get the low down on local clinics

I am at LWC Cardiff/London and live in Devon, so when we are off to start treatment again and going up the M5 will think off you as we wave at wickerman ;D Sad, I know but a ritual for us ;D

If you need any more help, shout, otherwise good luck and look forward to hearing some good news from you soon.

Louj :-*

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hello chilipepper

Welcome to FF hun and all the best for your next treatment.  ^pray^ that this is the one for you.

xxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the lovely warm welcome! I hope I will become familiar to you all over the next goodness knows how long!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
suzee said:
Hi Chilipepper,

Wow thats some journey you've been on. I really hope and ^pray^ that this is the one for you!!

I've got my first scan on 16th July too!!! I start Dr with Prostap on 24th June then scan and hopefully stimms (Gonna try Menopur this time). This will be my 2nd ICSI, we sadly had a BFN on 2nd May. Attending GRI in Glasgow.

I joined this site when I found it by chance not long after we had out initial appt and I have found it invaluable since. The people and support on here is just fab.

When do you start DR? or do you on short protocol (still don't understand difference between them ^idiot^)

Anyway welcome to FF - maybe we can be cycle buddies!!

Suzee xx
Hi Suzee! I am not gonna be dr'ing this time as you don't with the short protocol. Basically I will start stimms on day 3 of my af. It was great not having to dr last time, as I think that is the part of the treatment which causes the most impatience and stress!

Hope your treatment goes really well this time and you get your lovely BFP!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Chilipepper,

Wish I was stimming on day 3!!  I've got another 2wks 1 day until I get DR jab then have to wait 3 wks for 1st scan  :-[  Patience is not one of my strong points!!

^goodluck^ with your tx and and I hope your'e PUPO very soon then get a  ^BFP^ 2wks later!!

Luv Suzee xx

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey there welcome to the site. Good luck with the treatment, i hope you get the result you have been witing for. if you ever need a chat or a good old moan then give me a shout as been through the ivf route myself x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts