Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this and feel quite good that I have taken the first steps towards realising that I need support as I have been finding it tough.  I don't know if I am typing the right things, but here goes anyway.  I have been trying to conceive for 4 years now, but seeking help for 1 year.  I started using the NHS in March 2010 and got as far as Clomid which didn't work and caused me to go slightly crazy.  I decided to take a break and the Consultant suggested I lose weight (that was a bad experience for me in itself as I was weighed with other women in front of them, so felt like a piece of meat rather than a human being).  I have lost 3 stones and have opted to use the Benenden hospital who are brilliant.  The care is totally different and the doctors are so caring and sensitive unlike the experience of Maidstone hospital.  I am now back at the point of Clomid and am anxiously waiting to take it as I know what negative effects it had on me before, but trying not to think about it.  I am wondering whether it will help me to ovulate - am trying to be positive.

I hope I am not droning on as this has over-taken my life in very negative ways and I sometimes feel that it has changed me as a person so much I don't recognise myself anymore.  I also have become obsessed about things I never thought about before - ie. my weight, exercise and being attractive - I was never vain until this all happened.  Does anyone else have these feelings?

Sorry for the rant.

Chanceman

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, Chanceman!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment!

Huge congratulations on your fantastic weight loss! I totally understand what you mean, when I had to lose weight for my treatment I went totally obsessive about food, exercise, my body etc. I used to do 45 minutes on the Wii fit and the same again on Wii Tennis per day and whenever someone offered me something bad I used to think of it in terms of how many minutes on the Wii it would take me to burn it off! I think I became more vain because I was a bit in denial about my body, I knew I was overweight, but I didn't think it was a problem. It was a real wake up call.

Here are some parts of the forum which you should find really useful ……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE This will help you navigate the site.

Clomid - CLICK HERE

I assume you are in Kent. Here is the link to the Kent section of the forum - CLICK HERE I know there have been a few mentions of the Benenden hospital there. You could find other people in your area, or even ones using this clinic.

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. Feel free to "rant" any time! We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck with your treatment! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.