Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Sorry if I'm not posting correctly... I'm in a bind-- period is due tomorrow and I have no idea what protocol I will have-- IVF or IUI, and if the former, with or without PGD.

Arrived in London this summer and had appt with ARGC lined up following arrival. Did an IUI there in July. My history is 4 miscarriages, 2 definitely chromosomal, but possibly all of them. (I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place by the way). Anyhow, I do have one child from IUI. Our issue is male factor + the miscarriages. I've been pregnant from 4 IUI's and have had 2 unsuccessful ones in the U.S. and one here, but frankly, I didn't think the clinic managed my cycle well here. Also, I've always had HCG shots prior to ovulation and they don't do them here.

I don't really want to do PGD but here in the UK they only transfer 2 embryos. I am 38. DH's morphology is 4-8%.

I'm so confused, and frankly, I find ARGC remarkably unhelpful compared to the American clinics, even the extremely busy New York City ones, where my doctor ALWAYS had time to talk to me and called with results himself. I have tried for a week to get a consultant on the phone for one small question and no one is calling me back.

Sorry for the rant! I have to decide by tomorrow or the next day what to do!

I'm so scared of IVF, so I could use some words of encouragement.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I really appreciate this. Can you tell me more about your clinic? I am near Chelsea (I assume you mean Chelsea, London). I am really stressed about making this decision. It's more difficult here because of the limit of 2 embryos transferred. Does your clinic do PGD? I went to ARGC b/c I intended to do PGD, but now I am just worried about the whole process, how the PGD affects the embryos, no long term studies, etc.

Thanks...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.