Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ashleigh. I am new to this site. This is the first Site that I have ever been a member to. I found out that I had PCOS in '01 right after my daughter was born. I had a very hard pregnancy and gained over 80 pounds. I was unable to supply enough milk which probably had to do with the PCOS. I started Metformin which changed my life. I was not having any period after she was born, and two weeks after the Met. I started. I began to loose weight and felt like a different person. A happier person. My husband and I wanted to have another baby so we started at the beginning of '04. My second daughter was born 11-30-04, healthy and happy. I continued my medication through my pregnancy and had wonderful results. I only gained 20 pounds which I lost 2 weeks later. Unfortunately I am having the same problem with milk supply. I only get 5-6 ounces a day. So I have had to supplement. I have tried all the natural remedies and also Reglan with my last baby. I am going to be trying Domperidone. My prolactin level is 9.6. Please if I anyone has experienced this same problem contact me. I would be so grateful. And if I can help anyone with PCOS questions or problems, please let me know.
Thank you
Ashleigh

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ashleigh
Welcome to FF.
Sp ploeased to hear that with PCOS you have gone on to have 2 beautiful children.
Sorry that I can't help with your question there but if you have a look in our section called Babydust message board, some of the ladies there might be able to help you.
Chick

G

·
Hi Ashleigh

welcome to ff

I am also glad to hear that you have had 2 healthy babies. were u on any other medication apart from the metformin (eg clomid to help you ovulate) I'm asking as i too have pcos and i have had 2 af's since last April (1 was induced by a drug called provera in November so i could have a hsg and the other one came all by its self 39 days after the hsg ;D) i am hoping that i will have another AF soon (i have all the signs) because i have a gynie appointment Friday and i am hoping they will put me on clomid to help me ovulate. I to have also lost weight, 2 stone in fact. Did you Dr say it was OK to take the metformin all the way through you pregnancies? only i have heard so many different things I'm a little confused. I really do think that metformin should be given to every woman with pcos.

Love Charlotte ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Ashleigh,

Welcome to FF!  Its a fab site and you will soon feel at home here.

If there is anything you are unsure of,please ask.

Laine x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts