Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm new to all this website but it seems like there are loads of other people going thru what we are about to. Have been trying for 3 years - had all the tests and the ususal "unexplained" results...am going private for treatment (nothing available on the NHS in my area for at least 2 years...). Have been trying for the last 4 weeks to get my records out of the NHS for my first appointment on Friday - looks like I will have to cancel. Dissappointing to say the least... :'(

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Sophia

Welcome to ff ! ;D

You will be gobsmacked when you realise how many of us are going through this but you'll find all the support you want on this site !

If it were me i would demand my notes and camp out in my gp's waiting room until the notes were copied for me - as far as i am aware you are entitled to them - they are about you after all. Call up Citizens Advice and ask them where you stand - they will know (I get a bit wound up by stuff like that :mad: !)

Hope you don't have to cancel for Friday - Best of Luck !!!

Jennifer xx xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your words of encourgement and advice. As it happens the cons secretary felt sorry for me and has (against the rules she says) copied all my notes and sent them to my clinic 1st class post today! I feel so relieved. After making the decision to go ahead with tx I didn't want to delay it...

Excited about Friday... although I think I'm on the rollercoaster already even though I promised dh I would keep my cool and take things as they came

Sxx :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts