Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies. I have been told this is teh place to be. I think I've posted on every site on this wonderful place on my rollercoaster ride-go away for DE straight away,pg naturally,then m/c,then wait forAf, now first cycle-. I'm on short protocol and today is day 10 and hoping that follies are big enough. Danu has answered my first question, but I've got another one now. What level do the oestrogen blood tests have to be. They took blood on day 8 and said the oestrogen levels were very impt. Not exactly sure why as the nurse took 3 milliseconds to explain! i'll report back when I know what  happens today but for anyone else my day 8 scan showed lots of small, not measured follicles so I have upped the dose for 3 days and today I go back to see if that has worked. luck and love to you all. albali

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dear albali
You can't get rid of me now ;D
Sorry, I cannot answer your question. Just wanted to tell you, my clinic said today after last scan that I can have EC on Monday, however I have only 1 folli about 18mm, 2 about 15mm and 2 about 12. They hope that the 12mm will grow over the weekend, so that they can collect 5. However, as I said before, the minimum for this clinic (Newcastle Life Centre) is 3 (15, not 16mm). I was told that there's a 60% chance, that an egg is in a follicle.
I hope, that you've got good news today!
Join us on the Dec Snowflakes Part 8 « 1 2 ... 13 14 »
Lot's is going on!!
Love, Danu xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there. Great to  hear from you. Well, for me zilch, absolutely zilch. No response at all.The bloods showed that my progesterone was very high and so they deduced that the buserilin that I was injecting was telling the corpus luteum (the bit which is left in your ovary after the egg has been pinged out) to keep going and not wither away as it should do. So thats why nothing happened. Now I'm on something to shut everything down and then to take clomid to stimulate. Then I'm not sure what happens. I have to say that I never listen to what they say in an entirely calm way. I took my partner with me and kept saying to him "are you listening" "do you understand" so that he could  rememeber. However the good news is that I feel so much better- unusually- but I think thats because I've got an explanantion and have been given hope and  the different consultant I saw was much nicer that mine. I took against my first one-aloof,dismissive and just stereotypical, I thought, of a consultant (do you know the joke about the difference between God and a consultant?).So I feel 100% better thatn I di  on Wednesday. Good luck  for Monday, but as I read here, think of ivf as a course of treatment and that keeps you going I think. keep in touch. love albali 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts