Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies  ^cat^
Can I ask what you think of my story so far and if it is similar to any of you cos i feel a bit lost by it all.
Im 37, no kids and after ttc for over 1yr had blood tests which revealed FSH 23 (Nov 04). Referred to fert clinic (April 05) had vaginal ultrasound (doc said lining didnt appear that of menopausal and some follicles were there).He was pleased as he assumed from bloods my lining would have been thinning.He felt certain that as the FSH was 23 six months ago and since then I had stopped taking Paroxetine (Seroxat) after 7 years (for depression/anxiety) that this drug may have effected my hormones so he requested I do more bloods.
During this time I also didnt have a period for 75 days.
I have just had a HSG done also (20/05/05) which was ok.I phoned for my FSH results and this time it was 11. The nurse said she is sending me an appt to see the doc again as he wants me to come to the top of the list for treatment. she said they will be giving me injections.
Can anyone tell me what they make of all this ?
many thanx
Carole  ^cat^

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Carole

Welcome to the site.  I'm also new to f.treatment and feel a bit lost myself

I'm not sure about FSH levels but it sounds as if yours are fine (as too high a result would indicate a problem with egg quality).  Thats good your HSG is ok.  Did the doc say that you are ovulating? When you say injections, do you know what these are for? Could these be for IUI? It is good that you are being put to the top of the list for treatment

I'm in a similar situation to you - same age, no kids, have been ttc for 3 years, had blood tests/transvaginal scan in March 05 which showed that I was ovulating (I did not ask about FSH levels, I should have).  I had a laparoscopy done last week. However, results show that I have tubal adhesions/blocked tube.  Therefore I wont be able to conceive naturally. I've got a consultation next week to discuss my lap results.  I'm dreading it.

Best of luck

Fiona x

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Carole - just wanted to welcome you to FF.  The good news is that your FSH level has come down, and will probably continue to do so - and you are seeing a Doctor which should help.  I used these boards to read and educate myself so that by the time i had my appointment i knew what questions to ask, the terminology etc.  Perhaps the best thing for you to do is to try and find a forum that you think fits you (e.g. i hang out on the clomid thread quite a bit as i take that) - and there are loads of people for me to talk to and answer questions and share experiences.
Wishing you lots of luck on your journey

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi
I'm new to all of this as well and trying to get used to all the terminology, I don't know whether this will be helpful or not. It may be that they are referring to HCG injections that stimulate your ovaries to actually rupture and release an egg when it's ripe. I didn't know this until a week or two ago but you can have an egg follicle without the egg actually being released. They look at your progesterone levels on day 21 of your cycle (not so easy to judge if your cycle isn't regular of course, which it seems many of us on here aren't!) to work out if they are high enough to stimulate the egg to release. I am presently waiting for the results of my progesterone blood test to see if I need HCG injections.
Anyway great news that they are moving you to the top of the list...it's all the waiting for things to happen that I find hard!
X

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hello & welcome.
here you will find lot's of suppprt & help from all the other girls. It is good news your FSh level has come down & for me with a level that started at 81 & dropped to 53 gives me hope mine can continue going down & I haven't had a period for 6.5 months! Not sure what injections they would be, I would suggest you call back & see if they can tell you anymore & then I am sure someone on here will be able to help you.
Best of luck
x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ladies.

After just reading a few of these posts, I feel that my problems do not compare with some of your plights, and I apologise in advance as I'm not that good with words or spelling as a matter of fact so please bare with me! Although it doesnt directly help any of you, but I want to say to you all please stay positive and I really do hope things turn out a way that leaves you happy and content.
I am a 21 year old women, although I have been told time and time again that I have age on my side, it is still on my mind constantly, last year, all of a sudden I realised that I hadnt had a period for 2 months, I thought maybe im pregnant, did a test and negative, so I just put the whole thing down to stress (as my mother was in a hospice at the time), another 4 months passed and I started to have abdo pain and a extremely tender hip, the doctor was fobing me off, until the day my partner of 6 years rushed me to the hospital with abdo pains, all they could do was pain killers and a appoinment at the gyane clinic, from there the gyane doc was concerned sent me to the gyane ward where I was admitted for an emgergancy ultrasound (internal and external), the doc came back with the results, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I thought oh well it isnt that bad, but that was 4 months ago, and 2 periods later, I still have extremely bad abdo pain and a tender hip, but the doctors dont want to know there relpy to everything I say is 'losing weight will help the symptoms', I have already lost 2st in 4months, Im going my g.p's again this afternoon and im so nervous, should I have so much pain and tenderness, and on top get irregular periods????? (sorry to point out that ive been ttc only 2 years), im going to ask the gp tonight if this is so, and if it is the polycystic ovaries giving me this pain can they remove them, I just hope they listen to me and stop fobing me off about losing weight.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Laura,
Sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time recently.From what I've read about it PCOS is a mean thing to have! I've been told I have PCO but so far not PCOS (all gets a bit confusing). Big congratulations to you on your weight loss so far it can only help! You might want to check out the PCOS threads on the Diagnosis board, I have been browsing there and there's loads of information and all the girls on there seem really lovely and supportive and I 'm sure that they will be able to help you with a lot of the questions that you must have.
Hope that you got on OK at your GP's and all the best
X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.