Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,  Im new here ..  :)

My DH and I have been trying for a baby for 6 years now, when we found out my DH has a very low sperm count we were told ICSI would be the only way to go.  We started our first ICSI treatment 3 years ago using my DH frozen sperm, they managed to extract 7 sticks (whatever that means). 

I didnt know what to expect when I went thru it first time, my head was all over the place, I was totally stressed out and to make matters worse I have to travel 6 hours a day for all my appointments for scans and blood tests to Aberdeen Fertility Centre (which I find so tiring!)

After the first attempt our Consultant asked us if we would consider a donor sperm for our second attempt as a back up,  we were still convinced it would work the seond time round that we didnt think it would be necessary and couldnt get our heads round the whole donor back up.   Well our second attempt didnt work either, my DH frozen sperm was fine no need for a backup just luck wasnt on my side that day. 

That was last year, we've had a year gap between each attempt as its a lot to go thru emotionally.   We have been very lucky to have 3 free attempts since moving to Scotland and we are now approaching our 3rd and final attempt at ICSI at the end of April, and have had counselling for donor back up just in case. 

I know luck has to play a major part in ICSI but this year I have changed my diet and cut right back on the booze (with the odd lapse),  Ive also been told Im slightly anaemic so my doc has put me on 3 lots of feruous sulphate tablets a day - which are bloody awful!    I might also try some acupuncture when Im going thru treatment as Ive heard it can help. 

Ive tried to put the whole treatment thing at the back of my mind so far but have just got my protocol and nasal sprays from the hospital so its not long now until il be setting the alarm to go off on my mobile phone 3 times a day and getting ready for my tiring trips over to Aberdeen!   

Life sucks !   

Id love to hear from anyone in a similar position

(PS  Bring on the stress!!!)   - sigh!!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
BTS - Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it, but the one thing you should try to reduce in your diet is stress.. it the tx's worst enemy.

Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.