Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very shy hello from me!

I'm 37, H is 36, had a few preliminary tests and H has low motility and volume but high count.
Referred locally but decided if we're going to do this, we'd rather give ourselves the best chance, so went to ARGC.
We were told we're suitable candidates for ICSI and have had a monitoring cycle which didn't go to plan as my progesterone was very low. We decided to start treatment this month so I've just had cd1-3 bloods and the clinic said I should have the long protocol, so I just have to use OPKs from CD9 onwards and then have aother progesterone test at cd16 and then start downregging with a nasal spray.

So there we are. I'm rather sad it's come to this, and worry that we might be jumping the gun a bit but on the other hand there's not much point in waiting around.

I'd love to hear about other ladies in similar positions, and those who are being treated at the same clinic.

:)
Hollybags.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hi Hollybags  :)

Just wanted to say a quick hello and welcome you to FF.  There's no need to be shy ... before you know it you'll be discussing all sorts on here with the other ladies!  ;)

I'm quite new to all this too, but am now getting the hang of it (I think)!  ^idiot^

I'm sure others, with more knowledge, will be along shortly to show you the ropes.

All the best  :)

Lully x

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Hi Hollybags

Welcome and good luck with your ICSI.  There are lots of threads for those going through treatment at the moment, those at ARGC, living in Herts etc.  Someone technically clever will post them here for you soon!

You can ask any questions you have on here, or just offload if you need to - there is always someone to listen.

Best wishes
Blu

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Hollybags ^hugme^

I understand you moving forward with this, theres an issue, and a way to fix it, why wait!
with the infomation knowledge and support to be found here your first cycle will soon be here, and new friends will share the journey with you.
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

ARGC -
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

For the ICSI board -
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.
For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support
navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi hollybags and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

Sorry to hear of your problems with trying for a baby and i just wanted to wish you all the best with the ICSI and that it ends with a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello hollybags, welcome to Fertility Freinds. :)

I hope you have found your way aroudn FF now and started making friends. I just want to wish you lots of luck for your cycle. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou all so much for being so welcomig! All my friends in real life have children already and although they're lovely, I don't talk about any of this to them as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't understand. I've already had a "just relax and it'll happen" speech from a wellmeaning friend. :(
It's so useful to be able to read about other people who've been on the same journey! Thankyou!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts