Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,  :)
I am a 32 yr old who has been trying 2 concieve on/off 4 the last 9 yrs. Was originally diagnosed with secondary ammorrhea by GP as was only having couple of periods a yr and he then referred me 2 gynae consultant.  He gave me course of clomid and run some blood tests - which all came back normal + ultrasound scan which showed that I had PCOS (however he would not diagnose me with it at that time as I apparently had no other symtoms associated with PCOS)  :mad:.  Anyway changed gynae consultants, he diagnosed me with PCOS there and then.  This time round have had laporoscopy which again shows nothing (my tubes are not blocked and I do not have endometriosis  :( ) and yet again clomid, I have since been back and they want me 2 have another course of clomid with a blood test 21 days into my cycle 2 see if I am ovulating.  Surely after 3 courses of clomid and still not pregnant they would be able 2 tell if I am ovulating or not?  Am really fed up  :'( and feeling low  :'( and no nearer 2 knowing y I do not have periods or what the problem is as 2 y I am not getting pregnant.  If anyone has any suggestions 4 me I would b grateful.  I know I sound impatient but after 9 yrs of trying am getting worried that I will never have a baby and I so much want 2 be a mom.  :( :( :(

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Sally
Just wanted to say and welcome you to the site.  I am sure some of the other people on this site will be able to give you advice.  It is frustrating going to doctors/gyneaes etc, and I have felt that it helps to have questions, done some research and really ask for what I want and question doctors etc.  Perhaps you need to ask them these questions and get some answers - it must be so frustrating for you.  who are you seeing?Anyway wish you luck with your journey
warm regards

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi Sallie

Just wanted to say welcome to FF.  This site is full of great people and good advice  :)  Have you been over to the PCOS boards yet? 

As for ideas for your next step I just wanted to ask if you or your consultant have thought about Metformin as this can sometimes help to bring monthly cycles and ovulation back (although can't comment as yet as I am still waiting to start the drug, hopefully this week!).  Also probably a silly question but has male factor been ruled out?  I know this doesn't help your cycles but it's worth checking out every aspect.

Good luck and see you on the PCOS boards,  Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes hubby has been checked out and although he does have diabetes his sperm count is fine.
Have also read loadsa research about PCOS and neva thought 2 ask about trying metformin.. maybe I will on my next appointment.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Sallie  ^wave^
I don't know much about your situation I'm afraid, but I can certainly identify with feeling like you never get any closer  :(
anyway I just wanted to say hello and welcome to FF
See you around
Dydie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.