Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.  Our dd was born in 2000 having been ttc for a few weeks!  We presumed ttc No 2 would take no time at all.  What a shock.  Didn't do anything about it for over 12 months as, during that time my father died and we put it all down to the stress of that.  Finally took myself along to Gynae. in December 2003.  Had HGS done in January 2004 which revealed bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus but no other problems. But we thought not a problem as I already carried dd to full term.

Started on Clomid for 4 months.  Ov. drilling, lap & dye and hysteroscophy in July 04. At that stage PCOS diagnosed. Clomid/Metformin combo. until August 04.  Stopped all meds in November 04 on ref. to Hammersmith.  Currently have co-ordination meeting with nurse in February and due to start 1st IVF cycle in March.

I'm also insulin dependent diabetic with underactive thyroid.  Clinic are treating me as 41 year old with PCOS.  I'm still in shock in the realisation that having been pg so quickly last time, we're having to undergo IVF for hopefully same result this time.  :(     

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi shamrock

My name is Laurie from Devon & i'm insulin dependant too! It's so good to meet another lady who has Diabetes to contend with as well as the other drugs!

Aussiemeg passed on your details, hope to catch up with you some time

Can I ask why they started you on IVF first not IUI? they said I had PCOS for over a year, I knew I didn't but still had to take metformine which made me so ill, finally in Jan they scanned me and said they don't know why I was ever told i had it?????????? aggghhhh

Currently on 2ww with very sore boobs and bloody painful ovaries...ouch x

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Laurie
Just picked up your message.  I suppose  your 2ww is over at this stage and hope you have some realy good news. 

I suppose the reason they didn't suggest IUI is because I don't ovulate at all (don't know too much about IUI but don't you have to be ov'ing???).  The metformin made me very ill for the first week only and they then cut the dose back to 2 a day instead of 3.  I'm on the full dose now.  It hasn't got me pg but boy has it done a great job with the blood sugars! My last HBA1C was 7.9 which is the first time its been below 8 since dd was born 4 years ago. 

I've had IDDM for 38 years, no real problems apart from my eyes which need to be checked every few months.  I take Humalog 3 times a day and Insulatard twice daily and not too many hypos :)  Nice to talk to you.  Would love to hear how you are getting on

Shamrock63
x     

1 - 3 of 3 Posts