Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name's Rosie. I'm English but have been living in Spain for 24 years so I think I'm probably more Spanish now than English.

I joined about a week ago and have been lurking since then feeling quite nervous about posting.

Well, after what seems like a thousand years of trying, treatment, miscarriages etc we moved on to donor eggs at Instituto Marques in Barcelona. We had two 3 day embryos transferred on 28th April so I'm now 9 days post transfer, if you count the 28th as day 1. I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever...no sore boobs (well, everso slightly now and again) and that's all. I'm on estrogen patches and utrogestan 3X200. I have to go in for a pg test on Tues 13th, should be Monday but it's a holiday here in Barcelona. This morning I broke down and tested and got a BFN also I checked my BBT out of curiosity for the first day and saw it was only 36.5º Well, my question is that although I know it's possible to get a negative now and still get a positive, I am worried about the low temperature. Do any of you ladies who have done DE pay any attention to your temps? Or have any of you gone on the have a BFP with low temps?

Thanks everso much. Trying not to go nuts here.

Me 42 (43 this Friday YIKES!) Dh 38
Years of trying
Numerous IUIs
! failed IVF
4 mc 1 ectopic
Now doing 1st DE cycle
9dpt

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Rosie

Welcome to FF ! You're going to love having so many friends to chat to who are going through the same thing.

Good luck you are nearly there! But it's far too early to get a result from a pee stick. Really feel for you - the 2 week wait does drive you insane! Don't worry about your symptoms or lack of them either - that all sounds quite normal - it's too early to have symptoms really. I know people pregnant with twins who still don't have sore boobs! I'm afraid the only answer is to wait a bit longer. Harsh I know.

Sorry I don't know anything about temperature during the 2ww. Won't it be low because your ovaries are down regulated? I don't know - it just struck me that its maybe different for those of us using donor eggs?

Did you know there is a thread for IM Cycle Buddies? I'll post a link here

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=136420.0

I post on the Abroadies chat thread too - come and take a look there are a few people on the 2ww like you

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=139051.0

Good luck Rosie!

Jaydi xxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks  Jaydi,

I do feel better after reading your words. I see there is still a glimmer of hope. It's just that all this is so expensive and I know we have a limited number of tries because of that.

I know I probably shouldn't have but I tested again this morning and yet again another BFN. I had a little cry then pulled myself together. I know what will be will be.

Thanks for the links. I'll see if I can work out how to post there. It's all very new and complicated at the moment.

Best wishes
Rosie XXX

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Rosie

OK I have to call in the police now - step away from the pee sticks!!  ^police^  ^police^  ^police^

It's far too early.  Someone on Abroadies recently did a pee stick in the morning of her official blood test day - the pee stick was negative so imagine how low she felt - then the blood test came back positive!  She really is pregnant!  Pee sticks aren't accurate until 2 days after blood test day.  Don't torture yourself anymore.  ;)

I don't know if you have been researching 2ww symptoms?  So many people are convinced it hasn't worked either because they have no symptoms or because they have period pains - you really can't tell - it's so hard I know.  So you see there is more than a glimmer of hope.  :)

The one time I was pregnant I was convinced it hadn't worked and cried all the way to the clinic for the blood test.  And this last time I was convinced it had worked and I definitely wasn't.  I give up trying to guess now.  ::)

I think the 2 week wait gremlins sit on our shoulder and drive us mad !  Tell them to get lost.  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^

You have done everything you can - IM is a great clinic, your embryos were good ones if they made it to 3 days, and you are PUPO !  Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise! 

Good luck  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Lots of love

Jaydi xxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jaydi,

I can't guarantee not to use another pee stick....they're in the bathroom screaming out to me, but I'll do my best, I promise. I too keep comparing my symptoms, or rather lack of them, to when I've been pregnant in the past and all it's doing is driving me  ^idiot^ ^idiot^nuts nuts nuts nuts  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

I've just been reading some of the posts on the abroadies and you seem like such a wonderful warm kindhearted bunch of ladies. I'm glad to have found you. Your messages have made me laugh and cry at the same time. I can totally identify with everything. We haven't told anyone about our DE cycle... no one at all. With all the treatments in the past I told some friends and family and to be honest I wish I hadn't cos I either got a total lack of sympathy  or unkind comments, I suppose out of ignorance. Or that's what I hope it was....I feel much better this way.

Ok, I have officially told the gremlins to ...............off.
^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Hugs
RosieXX

·
Registered
738 Posts
Big hugs Rosie, I do know what it's like.

I hope you dive in and start posting on the Abroadies and the IM threads - would love to have you join us.  We all know what it's like to have friends and family who just don't get it.  You'll instantly get knocked over by all the cyber hugs coming your way.
Love Jaydi x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts