Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

I registered on this site some time ago but was too nervous to post.

Just to give you all some background about me - i'm 24 from Harlow, Essex. Was on Depo for 5 years and am now 15 months clear.

I've been on provera for 3 months and on the final month it failed so my GP has referred me to a gyny and i have my appointment on 12th June. She thinks they'll put me straight on clomid as she's done everything else they would normally do to start with only i don't know what to expect.

Has anyone else been through this? What should i do?

Will I be monitored on the drugs etc?

Anna

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Anna

Welcome to FF, the ladies on here are lovely.

Im sorry I cant be much help but I didnt want to read and run  ::)!
I think that it will all depend on what the gyn thinks is wrong with you. They normally start with blood tests to see that all your hormones levels are normal, then go onto tests to see if you have PCOS or anything similar (blocked tubes, ovaries ok, folicles, check DH cperm count, etc) and then MAYBE go onto clomid (again, depending on your circumstances) everyone is different. So like I said, im not much help but at least you know some of the things the gyn might offer you. Guess you will have to wait until the gyn has done some tests. They work on ruling things out before giving out drugs so they have a proper diagnosis on what their treating.

Hope this all made sense and I didnt DRONE on too much! lol  ;D

Good luck in all you do and I hope you appointment goes well. Keep us informed of how it goes  :)

Linz xxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Hi there Anna ^wave^

yes linz is right, the consultant appointment will probably consist of them refering you for tests + maybe an internal, they do like to rule out anything 1st before they continue with any treatment + while i know this takes time its the best way then they can taylor treatment to your needs ;) have you had any investigations done so far through your GP ? even so the consultants do like to do there own

you are more than welcome to read the clomid board + ask ?? so you are armed with some info, i am also going to leave you some links to have a look at + i hope you make full use of them :)

intros ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=10.0

starting out + diagnosis ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=110.0

locations boards for people in your area ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=228.0

just shout if you need anything :)

xxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks girls for your replies. Thankfully my GP has already done all the initial tests bloods for hormone levels and a scan for PCOS and internal too. I've done all the drugs she can prescribe BCP and provera (provera worked the first two months but failed the final 1) so i'll just go in and see what they say.

I'll be checking out the sites you've recommended so i'm armed with knowledge when i go!

Thanks girls

Anna

1 - 4 of 4 Posts