Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm 35 and Hubby is 37, we've been TTC for 3 years and were delighted to get NHS funding for 1 cycle of ICSI at Hammersmith.  DH has low sperm and all my tests, scans and ops said i was fine so we were quite hopeful.  We started our ICSI on 27th March 2008 and everything was going fine until Wednesday this week when the Doctor informed me at my scan that I had only two follicles that were too small to continue with the treatment.  We were devastated and I spent most of Wednesday in a state of shock and crying, couldn't understand what went wrong as they said that I was fine and the only factor was the low sperm.  Just when i had stopped crying the hospital phoned to inform me that the Senior Doctor had decided to continue with my treatment and that i had to increase my dose of Gonal F to 450 so as you can imagine I am all over the place at the moment.
Had scan yesterday and after only 1 day of the higher dose the follicle in my left ovary has increased in size to 13mm and have 2 in my right ovary that are a lot smaller.  They have told me to stay on the gonal f over the weekend and I have a scan booked for Monday morning to see what has happened. 
Although they say they like 3 or more follicles they have told me that they will collect the 1 follicle if that is what we want (as long as it is big enough) but we are not guaranteed that there is an egg in the follicle. 
So fingers crossed !
Would love to chat to others that have been through or are currently going through similar situation.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hi Yvonne, just wanted to say hello and welcome! :) I'm not in your current situation but sounds like you are responding well to meds....  keep us posted and best wishes to you :)
amanda x

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hi Yvonne,

Good luck with the next scan!!!

I'm not too far from you, I live in Chipperfield

Diane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts