Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Just wanted to say Hi to everybody as I'm new to the site.
Me & my husband have under gone many tests over the past 6months as have been trying for a baby for 2 and a half years but no joy  :'(
We have been seen at both N&N & JP Hospitals & are now going to be starting our IVF with ICSI in the new year at Borne Hall. This all seems a bit
frightening to me but i am also excited as a new chapter in our lives begin.

Looking forward to chatting to you & supporting each other on this great forum.

Carey xxx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Carey

Thought i would say hi..its all very frightening..me and my partner are being transfered to bourne hall clinic too..
We have got to decide whether we go down the ivf route or iui..
Im thinking on doing ivf as its a better percent rate but if they let me have a go with iui first and then have ago at ivf if that fails i will do that..
we have been trying also for 2 years so im just hoping 2011 will be a positive year..
Hope everything goes well for you at bourne hall..hoping to be transfered there in january once i have had my final consultation

Speak soon

Hayley
xx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hayley,

Thanks for your reply. Every day seems to bring new thoughts. At the moment i am finding myself wishing the weeks away until our next appt on the 23rd Dec. Just want to get things moving & get on with it, looking forward to having out treatment at Bourne Hall as i have heard great things about it. Next appt is at JPH to sign consent forms & to go through the meds & Schedule so I'm quite looking forward it.
I hope your next consultation goes well & you are offered the choice between the two, that way you have a bit more of a controll over what happens . I have still got lots to learn about ivf & how stressfull but rewarding it can be in the long run. I have read a couple of Zita West books & they are very good, i def recommend these.

Wishing u & everybody else a Successful 2011  ^hugme^

Carey xxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
^hello^ and welcome to ff :)

bourne hall has a very good reputation and I hope your treatment goes well
for you
there is a Norwich / Norfolk chat thread on this board and the ladies are great so feel free to introduce yourself :)

x

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Suzie,
I will take a look at it. So many great things on this site, very helpfull

:) xxx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just wanted to say a big  ^wave^

I have been under bourn for my IVF (cambridge) and just wanted to say that they are truely fantastic there. They are so supportive and really really friendly.
The place is just so peaceful and feels nothing like a hospital or any clinic that I have been to. Its so relaxing and the staff are so helpful.

I would like to wish you all the very very best of luck x x

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Norfolkchick,

Thanks for your message of support. I notice you had a try at blastocyst, were you given much info on this as Mr Greenwood at JPH has said we may have this done to our eggs too as my husbands count is very low but has not given us much info about it. Its really hard as i want the best for my eggs & thinking this isnt or is the best is hard  :-\

Only got a few more days untill our next consultation so i'll have to take a list of questions with me to see if they can be answered  :)

I hope all went ok with your scan today xx

Talk to you soon xx

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Carey

I had Transport IVF with JPH and Bourn Hall.  Blastocyst depends on how many eggs they retrieve, I think it is 5 or more then they can go to blastocyst stage.  Good luck on your journey  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^hugme^ Bourn Hall is lovely and peaceful and the staff are very nice

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pooh bear,

Thanks for the message  & info on blastocyst, i really hope we get to that stage.

I hope your well & your bump is growing  :)

xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.