Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies!

I am a new girl to the site and am 8dpt with a 5 day Blastocsyst and am starting to really feel the strain of this 2ww! I thought going through the actual IVF was hard but I was very wrong, I have to keep bringing myself back from all realms of madness and my imagination goes wild with every twinge ^idiot^

I am trying to muster up all the  ^reiki^I possibly can, however have had some lower back pain this morning an d a dull ache/cramp on and off. I have until Saturday to wait for my home test.....then I assume if its all ok I go into the clinic for a blood test. But actually feel quite isolated at the moment and very  :'(

If anyone else is on or has had their 2ww and can give me any advice I would be so grateful, even writing this I am feeling better knowing there are others out there who know how I feel  :)

Thanks and hugs xxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didnt even say about my treatment.......ooops!! Im 29 and have had my first ICSI treatment. Had EC on 17th November at BH Colchester and ET on 22nd November.......they collected 7 eggs but only 5 mature and all 5 were successful at ICSI but 3 kind of got poorly  :( so I have the little Embie inside me now and one frozen for another chance in the future......  ^reiki^

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Hun,

I am on day 10 of stimms and going in for EC on Friday, then ET next Wed. Just been to clinic this morning, we are at Bourn Hall. Was a bit of a nightmare getting there in the snow.

I can completely imagine how you must be feeling, and no doubt your hormones are probably all over the place from the IVF. Just try to stay positive and keep your chin up. Lots of rest... I'll be thinking of you!

xx

·
Registered
5,891 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi MrsB-S,

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping to find someone at the same clinic :) How have u been feeling on the drugs? I had Buserelin for 4 weeks and gonal f for 10 days so it wasnt too bad for me and I think with all the stress etc I didnt seem any more hormonal than usual  ;)

It certainly is a long journey to get to the 2ww but I am hoping with every ounce of my soul it is worth it ^pray^

I hope you are feeling ok and good luck for next week, will be thinking of you too xxx

PiePig those threads are really helpful so thank you very much :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Dondi Moon,

Really like it at Bourn, wasn't too sure after initial consultant appointment as the doctor we saw was a bit clinical and lacked patient care, but since then everyone has been lovely!

Am feeling relatively ok. Have been on Suprecor injections and the Gonal F, so injections all the way through, but feeling ok. Got some aching in my sides today but hopefully that's a good sign that the follies are growing?!?! That's what I'm telling myself anyhow! ;)

I imagine I will feel a bit listless during the 2ww, after the daily injections and constant visits, it will seem like i'm just waiting, whereas this part is non-stop. Not looking forward to trying to get to Bourn on Friday, today was awful and they say we may have to be there at 7am, might have to find a friend nearby to stay over! :) Don't want to be stressed!

Did you have local or general anaesthetic for your EC? Have opted for local but now worrying it will be painful. Any advice?

Thanks xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Hun,

I completely know what you mean about it being all go, go go!! I think thats why this 2ww is dragging so much, have gone from being in the clinic every other day to now just sitting at home.......and I think I found going to the clinic reassuring that all was ok!!

I just had the general sedation given, and I was aware of everything going on and felt a little uncomfortable but it wasnt too bad. Its really important that you rest for a few days after though as when the sedation wore off I was quite sore  :(

Yep totally had a few twinges and pains when I was on the gonal f, amd towards the end got a few little bruises on my tummy but its all worth it. ET day was the most special day of my life and they were great at BH explaining it all to me and and showed me a picture of my 5 day Blasto baby.....was awesome to see  ;D

Is friday you EC day hun? I agree if you have to be there at 7am you might want to stay a bit closer if this weather is set in, you dont want to be all woriied and stressed out, they key to all of this or so I am told is to try and stay as relaxed as possible and listen to your body  ;)

I have now got 3 sleeps left before I test so getting quite excited/nervous......cant believe after everything and 18 months of planning to do this I am finally her.....just  ^pray^ ^pray^ it works!!
Take it  easy hun and hope you are feeling well today  :-*xxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Hun,

I'm so pleased you had local and it was ok, I was beginning to think I'd made the wrong decision opting for it. Thanks! I'm a trainee teacher so not a lot of opportunity to take it easy afterwards, but as luck would have it it falls on a Friday anyhow so can take the weekend to recover with my feet up! Yes, it is this week so will definitely make arrangements if it is going to be in the morning so I can have a relatively stress free day.

Have had real twinge in my right side all day today, I have decided the follies on that side are trying to catch up and they were a bit behind the left :) Also, got pins and needles in my legs...not sure if that's even related to ivf? lol.

Wow only 3 sleeps till test! It's impressive that you've been able to hold off, I will try to also as otherwise it's just asking for trouble.

Really hope it works for both of us this time round  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Keep me posted.

Mrs B-S xx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, I have just had my HDG injection tonight and EC on Thus at 8am. I have been on Buscerilin since Oct then menopur for 12 days. Its such an up and down ride isnt it through this treatment and is nice to know that there are people out there going through the same :) . I found out on Monday i now have a fibriod on my cervix which they think has bled into my womb so if the bleed is still there on thus when i have EC i cant have EI until this is sorted out so eggs will have to be frozen :-\ . Good luck for your EC and ill let you know how mine goes. Im in Liverpool Hewitt Centre and they are fantastic there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.