Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi am on day 14 of my 1st IVF cycle. They have sheduled EC for tomoz. A little scared if i'm honest. Have been TTC for 4-5 years with DH. Had HSG in 2008 then immediate ectopic & had to have R tube removed. No BFP since. Am having egg freezing rather than embie freezing for ethical reasons & they're putting 2 back hopefully on Friday. So we'll see... trying not to get my hopes up too much ^pray^

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Good luck tomorrow, Sarahjayney!

I had similar concerns before my EC and everyone told me it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it was going to be - and they were right.  I had general anasthetic and when I came round afterwards I was all floaty and happy - think I was high!  ;)  They gave me a bed for a few hours, I did a bit of sleeping and read a bit of my book and then went home.  I can't remember being in much pain afterwards.

I am a total hospital and needle phobic, when my dad was in hospital I fainted twice!  I can't even watch Casualty!  :eek:  If I can get through it so can you!  ;)
Let us know how you get on  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanx!  ^hugme^
I'm not having a GA - apparently they give sedation plus gas&air so I'll be pretty out of it I'm sure.
They said I've got 7 good follicles so hopfully they'll get some good eggs to use - I've been feeling a bit sick & my ovaries are aching the past couple of days so I'm looking forward to it al being over. Managed to get through work today ok.
I think they let my DH in for the procedure tomorrow. He's a bit squeamish so will be interesting to see how he gets on ;D
Anyway thanks for the well wishes & pos vibes ^reiki^
I'll let you know how it all goes xx

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Welcome to FF SarahJayney ^hugme^

I hope all goes well tomorrow ^reiki^ It is a scarey time, but honestly, you'll be absolutely fine, It doesn't take long for the eggs to be retrieved, you'll be having a cuppa and a piece of toast in no time ^hugme^ It's the waiting to get it done thats the worst part,
Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Unexplained ~CLICK HERE

Tubal Factors ~ CLICK HERE

Ectopic Loss ~ general chat and support http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=243601.0

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:'( :'( :'( :'(
Went through EC procedure (gas & air V good!)
Only got 4 eggs though. Discovered my DH's SA today had NO sperm at all  ??? No probs with this before.
DH did another sample for them - still none  :(
Advised to abandon this cycle - after all those injections!!!
Arrgh. Nothing is ever simple is it. Absolutley gutted.
They are going to have to look into what's happened to his little swimmers before we try again.
^eyes^

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
oh sarahjayney, I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you a huge hug.

Perhaps some of the members on the Male factors board might have some idea why this happened -CLICK HERE What were the results when he was checked pre treatment? I hope the docs can give you some answers.

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Wraakgodin,
it's a hard process but nice to know i'm not on my own as there's loads of folks on here struggling with this stuff.
I've posted on the male factor thread too now so let's see.
DH had normal SA previously at least twice, so it's really odd that there's none now.
Hopefully it's just a temporary blip... xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts