Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I like to say what a wonderful, informative and friendly site this is and i'm so glad I found it :)

Our story so far is fairly short.....

My hubby (32) and I (34) have been TTC for 3 yrs now (basically since we got married). We got a GP referral to our local hospital in December and have recently completed the investigation stage. Boy was that HSG horrible not to mention  :-[
So good news is we passed the tests with flying colours and nothing seems to be medically wrong so why hasnt it happened? Apparently we fall into the unexplained category, which is truely frustrating!  :mad:
Everywhere I look I see babies and mothers to be. It makes me sad, frustrated and angry sometimes. I try not to get too down about it but sometimes I can't help it. I'm due my AF tomorrow and  ^pray^ it won't come as usual, this will be the first period since my HSG, so here's hoping  ;) err bangs goes another month AF just arrived  :'(

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi & welcome to FF :)

I can only begin to imagine how frustrating it is to be labelled as "unexplained"....it's bad enough going through infertility with known reasons, let alone having no idea what's causing the problems ^hugme^ ....although on the other hand, it's good to know that you've got the all clear...a bit of a catch 22 situation really (having lots of known issues effecting my fertility doesn't make it any easier)

...and sorry that AF arrived too ^eyes^

There is a board for Unexplained so perhaps you'd like to take a little look over there...here's the link...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=111.0

Has it been suggested what your next options will be....when's your next appointment ?

Wishing you luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Hi Sashabasha - i just saw your post and wanted to send you a big hug  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I know how hard infertility is knowing what the cause is let alone it being un-explained, that must be particularly heartbreaking  :'(

I know what you mean about seeing mums and babies everywhere - i feel that too.

I know that you will get alot of support on here hun and hope you get that dream, like we all want.

Take care
Angel xx

ps  ^witch^ is so mean sometimes - yesterday i had got to day 36 in my cycle and prepared myself to do a pg test, af arrived at that exact time  :mad:

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Sashabasha, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am sorry the old witch has shown up to spoil your fun this month. ^hugme^ Please don't stop trying though. I have heard people get pg after HSG so you never know. ??? Unexplained must be frustrating. Sometimes, couples who are unexplained go all the way to IVF to then discover the reason (i.e. their eggs don't fertilise or there's some other issues that only become apparent under those strict laborotory conditions). Sometimes they make it with just a little boost to their fertliity so maybe that will be your next step. Have you been back to your consultant yet to discuss what happens next?

Do check out the excellent link Minxy has left for you there, and here are a few more that I hope will prove useful:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Minxy, thanks so much for your reply to my post.
The links you sent me are fab! :)
Feeling a bit better today and trying not to get too down about the old witch arriving. Spoiled my fun though, got a new bed and was looking forward to christening it ;D
Next appointment is August the 3rd and nothing has really been said other than we would be most likely referred to another hospital for some help....
Fingers and toes crossed for your test on the 25th, you'll be in my ^pray^
^hugme^

♥ Minxy ♥ said:
Hi & welcome to FF :)

I can only begin to imagine how frustrating it is to be labelled as "unexplained"....it's bad enough going through infertility with known reasons, let alone having no idea what's causing the problems ^hugme^ ....although on the other hand, it's good to know that you've got the all clear...a bit of a catch 22 situation really (having lots of known issues effecting my fertility doesn't make it any easier)

...and sorry that AF arrived too ^eyes^

There is a board for Unexplained so perhaps you'd like to take a little look over there...here's the link...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=111.0

Has it been suggested what your next options will be....when's your next appointment ?

Wishing you luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Angel

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post :)
How are things with you? What stage are you at ?
It's great to have some extra support on here, especially coz we all know what each other is going through! The end result we all want is the same so I suppose the reasons for it not happening doesnt really matter...
Hope all our dreams come true soon
Take Care
Sashabasha
^hugme^

Angel10 said:
Hi Sashabasha - i just saw your post and wanted to send you a big hug ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I know how hard infertility is knowing what the cause is let alone it being un-explained, that must be particularly heartbreaking :'(

I know what you mean about seeing mums and babies everywhere - i feel that too.

I know that you will get alot of support on here hun and hope you get that dream, like we all want.

Take care
Angel xx

ps ^witch^ is so mean sometimes - yesterday i had got to day 36 in my cycle and prepared myself to do a pg test, af arrived at that exact time :mad:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Caz

Thanks for your reply to my little post.
Oh what a cute little boy benjamin is!! He's absolutely adorable :)
Glad your dream came true with Benjamin, gives me hope when I see people's success stories :)
Thanks too for your links, I'll be sure to check them out asap ;)
Sadly I'm not due to go back to see the cons til August, was thinking of calling the hospital to check the last bloods taken and see whether I could go earlier?? :-\

Take care
^hugme^

Caz said:
Hello Sashabasha, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am sorry the old witch has shown up to spoil your fun this month. ^hugme^ Please don't stop trying though. I have heard people get pg after HSG so you never know. ??? Unexplained must be frustrating. Sometimes, couples who are unexplained go all the way to IVF to then discover the reason (i.e. their eggs don't fertilise or there's some other issues that only become apparent under those strict laborotory conditions). Sometimes they make it with just a little boost to their fertliity so maybe that will be your next step. Have you been back to your consultant yet to discuss what happens next?

Do check out the excellent link Minxy has left for you there, and here are a few more that I hope will prove useful:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck. ^reiki^

C~x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.