Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name's Rosie. I'm English but have been living in Spain for 24 years so I think I'm probably more Spanish now than English.

I joined about a week ago and have been lurking since then feeling quite nervous about posting.

Well, after what seems like a thousand years of trying, treatment, miscarriages etc we moved on to donor eggs at Instituto Marques in Barcelona. We had two 3 day embryos transferred on 28th April so I'm now 9 days post transfer, if you count the 28th as day 1. I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever...no sore boobs (well, everso slightly now and again) and that's all. I'm on estrogen patches and utrogestan 3X200. I have to go in for a pg test on Tues 13th, should be Monday but it's a holiday here in Barcelona. This morning I broke down and tested and got a BFN also I checked my BBT out of curiosity for the first day and saw it was only 36.5º Well, my question is that although I know it's possible to get a negative now and still get a positive, I am worried about the low temperature. Do any of you ladies who have done DE pay any attention to your temps? Or have any of you gone on the have a BFP with low temps?

Thanks everso much. Trying not to go nuts here.

Rosie XXX

Me 42 (43 this Friday YIKES!) Dh 38
Years of trying
Numerous IUIs
! failed IVF
4 mc 1 ectopic
Now doing 1st DE cycle
9dpt

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Hi there

I can't help with temperatures (I didn't know about that), but if you tested on day 8/9 you are almost bound to get a BFN, even if you are actually PG.  Try not to think about that result and wait until the right day.  It's very tempting to test early, but a false negative can cause a lot of unnecessary worry.  Fingers crossed for a BFP next week....
Essex Girl x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I'd really not rely on BBT's, espeically if you've been on meds - they can mess it up.  Also, I think it can cause extra stress, just when you don't need it!
9dpt is still sooooooo early, I got a positive 11dp3dt and it was really really faint, so I was lucky, with no symptons either.

Best of luck,

Marie xxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both of you for replying. 

I tested again this morning ( now 10days post 3 day transfer) and still negative but you have given me a shread of hope. You're right in that the last thing we need is more things to worry about so I think I'll knock the BBTs on the head.

I'm still slowly learning how to post on here;  it's all new for me and quite complicated but it's great to find a place where others know what we're going through.

Good luck to both of you
Rosie XXX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts