Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone,

Just popping in to say hi. I'm 35 (almost 36) and have been off contraception for almost two years now. My partner's had tests and came out as normal (or, as he put it, he could burn through sheet steel), but I am, er, not normal, clearly!

My first day 21 bloods came out as anovulatory with low progesterone (13.5), and my second lot came out as "probably ovulatory" with progesterone of 23.5 - possibly as a result of a month of agnus castus and EPO. Tomorrow's my HSG at the QE in Gateshead, so it's all just starting for us - hopefully soon we get to find out what the problem is.

I've joined because in RL I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women, and although my friends are as supportive and empathic as they can be (some of them, anyway, my pregnant SIL has never shown one ounce of empathy towards me over this) most of them don't seem to realise just how upsetting this is, the many emotions that go along with it, and how much it takes over your life. Hoping to find some support here from others who are on their own journey, and to perhaps make friends to cross over into RL for mutual support. I'm interested in coming along to one of the meetups at some point (when the snow's cleared!).

Please excuse the cross-posting from the main newbies thread on the front page - I realise I'm more or less repeating myself but what I wrote says it all anyway!

WG

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Hi Wintergreen
Its good that your friends are showing some empathy - shame the same can't be said for your sister in law.  I have to say, my SIL was exactly the same and didn;t show any support or encouragement or interest in general til I was coming to the end of my dreaded 2ww.  Still, until you have been through the pain of infertility no-body has a clue what you're going through, or have the slighted incling how you feel and just how all consuming this passion to become a parent is....incidentally my nephew was an 'accident' !

You've found some like minded and very supportive ladies here, I've made some fab friends here, who have held my hand in every sense of the word, through my treatment and shared my complete and utter (and continuing) joy at becoming a Mammy.
I hope the snow clears soon, as I'm missing meeting up with you lovely girls xxx

Anytime you want to rant, let off steam or get your feelings off your chest, you're in good company - hope you HSG goes ahead ok tomorrow.
Sheila

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheilaweb said:
Hi Wintergreen
Its good that your friends are showing some empathy - shame the same can't be said for your sister in law. I have to say, my SIL was exactly the same and didn;t show any support or encouragement or interest in general til I was coming to the end of my dreaded 2ww. Still, until you have been through the pain of infertility no-body has a clue what you're going through, or have the slighted incling how you feel and just how all consuming this passion to become a parent is....incidentally my nephew was an 'accident' !

You've found some like minded and very supportive ladies here, I've made some fab friends here, who have held my hand in every sense of the word, through my treatment and shared my complete and utter (and continuing) joy at becoming a Mammy.
I hope the snow clears soon, as I'm missing meeting up with you lovely girls xxx

Anytime you want to rant, let off steam or get your feelings off your chest, you're in good company - hope you HSG goes ahead ok tomorrow.
Sheila
Thanks for the welcome, Sheilaweb, and congrats on becoming a mum :)

My HSG went great, my tubes are fine! Although it was very surreal as experiences go. So we are getting closer to a diagnosis of unexplained infertility which isn't great but at least we are ruling things out.

The weird thing with my SIL is that she had an early miscarriage last year, and I supported her through that despite already being over a year into my TTC journey (of failure!) - such a shame she couldn't give me the same support. To be honest she's not that great a communicator and my mum says she's just afraid to upset me, but her silence is much worse. But anyway, nowt I can do about it.

Hope everyone's OK in the snow - makes me glad I work from home. I'll keep an eye out for meetups and see if I can join you on one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.