Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to posting on FF but have been lurking for a long time! Thanks for all the info so far. Anyway I wanted to post here to introduce myself so here goes...

I am 33 and have early menopause, my sister had it confirmed at 36 and thankfully let me know immediately. Big shock - I was 31 and we had been trying for just under a year. I had a feeling something wasn’t right and had already been to the doctor in Scotland but was told not to worry – after being on the pill for so long it was normal. Turns out our mum also had EM but didnt think to tell us (she avoids doctors like the plague so never thought it was unusual). So we believe it runs in the family - on my mums side as 2 of her aunts had no kids and her own mother had 11 year gap between my mum & her brother – and in Ireland back then there was no such thing as contraceptive!!

Anyway just after I found out we moved to the UAE and after settling I began having tests done. First doctor wasn’t very helpful (or nice). Sometimes the doctors here aren’t very personable... She then dropped the bombshell that I needed IVF, would be lucky if it worked and was very old (31 hello?). I was devastated, wasn’t expecting the news and was on my own as I thought I was just going for another scan. Started to research options here and found another doctor and went to see him.

So after a round of puregon I got 1 egg so we went ahead with IUI not IVF (successful but m/c at 9 weeks) -  not a good time in my life  :'( . Couldn’t believe we had gotten so lucky and then have it snatched away like that.

Next we tried a round of menopur at the highest dose and I had no follicles. I wasn’t unrealistic and didn’t think I was going to get a huge number but 1 would have been nice. So that coupled with family history, no AF to speak of, a very low ovarian reserve and a very high FSH (83) we have decided to go down the ED route.

I wonder every day if this is right, hoping I will get AF so can get an accurate FSH reading but then I think I am just holding onto false hope. Even if my FSH dropped and we did another round of stimms, we might only get 1 egg again and the chances of it working are so small. As we all know, it seems so unfair but the only thing we can do is try.

Well that’s enough for now I think. Hopefully will be seeing you on the boards

xxxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Cailin ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Your post struck a cord with me hun, I'm sorry your facing this and that your mum never thought to mention it to you or yoursister, when time might have been on your side ((hug))
I hope that by joining other women (like myself) who are needing DE and fighting the battle to accept it you will soon be feeling in control and posative and holding your baby in your arms, there are many succes stories on here from women just like us.
Where will you be having DE treatment ?

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

POF/Early Menopause
CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs
CLICK HERE

Pregnancy loss
CLICK HERE

Forget me not ~ A place for our members to remember their loved but lost babies.
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to say thanks for the reply, made me feel part of FF!

I will have to travel for DE treatment as it is illegal here in the UAE so am looking at Eastern Europe or Cyprus as these are actually the closest to us.

Thanks again for the info

xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Cailin
Have a look at the CZ republic, its a great board to post on

and the Reprofit Clinic is coming recomended at the moment,
Czech Republic ~
CLICK HERE

^goodluck^ Let us know how you get on :-*

~Dizzi~