Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
My name is Gemma, where to begin it's been a long journey so far.
Well my husband and i have been together for 5 years and have been trying for nearly four years and i have pcos and he has a hormone problem where he doesn't produce sperm. we had to start with him first which meant multipule injections weekly, for over two years now, which has done well and he has now got enough sperm for icis, result!! now on to me, to help my situation i gave up smoking nearly two years ago and started a weight loss regime which has been successful over five stone. This year will be our year it all started happening, we got referred to our local hospital who said lose another stone and a half and she would refer us on. I lost that stone and a half and our appointment came up, i could barely contain myself. We got there and low and behold the consultant referred us to the wrong hospital and lose another stone and a half. well at least that will be it for the weight when thats done, so now waiting for our new appointment. Thats my story so far, when they said it was a rollercoaster i thought that was the IVF itself, but it has been nothing but from the moment we started, luckily we  knew from day dot we would need mega help getting pregnant. ^rainbow^ hopefully well find our pot of gold soon

G

·
gemgem... ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

all the best with your up and coming appointment... ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

and congratulations on your weight loss... ^afro^

you've found the right site for support.. :)

lots of luv
:-* :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Gemma ^hugme^
Sorry for the delay in replying :-[
I hope youve been looking around FF and maybe posted in other places,
^congrats^ On the weight loss prehaps you can help motivate others who are struggling to lose weight for treatment ???
Infertility is the rollercoaster, IVF is just one of the drops or high's ;)
I hope your Pot of Gold is waiting for you this year ^rainbow^
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.
While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.

The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

For the ICSI board -
CLICK HERE

PCOS
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts