Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there
My name is Kelly I am 31 yrs old, TTC for 2 yrs now, done all the normal test over the past year, blood tests, semen samples and ultra sound, unfortunately I am not ovulating as I should and my husband has a low sperm count. After all tests were done we were referred to a fertility consultant that was after the fertility nurse and we talked about 3 options:
1. Continue as we are and keep trying
2. Try clomid but this may not help due to my husbands sperm count
3. Go the IVF route
So we have opted for the IVF, and i am now in the hands of the fertility clinic to say when all will go ahead.
Just wanted to chat to people in the same situation as I find it really hard to speak to my best friends who have kids as I feel they don't understand how I feel and can't make me feel better.

xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Mandy,
Thats really good news about your IVF, bet the wait has felt like forever?
Hopefully having my treatment in Oxford who are partnership with the fertility clinic in Swindon which is near where I live.
Can i ask what the fertility seminar thing was like?

xx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, Kelly!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment.

I can totally sympathise, I didn't know anyone who had undergone treatment until I found this website, and as you say, it is rather isolating and I felt really upset and left out when people were all together talking about their children. People here have been a total godsend.

Here are some links which you should find really useful ……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE This should help you navigate the site.

For A rough guide to IVF -CLICK HERE

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

Perhaps the people in the Male Factors section could have some suggestions on how to improve your husband's quality for when you do undergo treatment - CLICK HERE

Once you start treatment it might be useful to find some cycle buddies, people undergoing treatment at the same time as you - CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Here is the link for the Oxfordshire section of our site, perhaps you could find other people using your clinic, or have used it in the past and can help with any questions you have about it - CLICK HERE

And here is the Wiltshire section (assume you live there as you mentioned Swindon!) - CLICK HERE, you could find other FFers in your area.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck with your treatment ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts