Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I have been reading the message board on here for a few weeks now and have found it REALLY useful and inspiring, so thought it was about time I posted to introduce myself to all you lovely helpful and knowledgable ladies...

I'm 41, no children and DH and I have been ttc for 2 years now. DH has 2 grown up children from a previous relationship. We've just had various test results back, which, in summary are everything ok physically for me but highish FSH and very low AMH and slight motility issues for DH. We have now taken the first step on our IVF journey and booked an appointment at the Lister (chosen cos of the high FSH/low AMH) with Dr Wren, which is in the middle of January - ooooh, scarey prospect, but it feels great to be actually doing something!!!

So, I do have a few questions regarding the Lister clinic which I wonder if anyone can help with -
First, what is the approximate time from ther initial consultation to the start of treatment, assuming all our tests are up to date and ok? We are wondering about booking a holiday but are keen to start any treatment asap so dont want to risk a clash. Does anyone know if there is a waiting list for treatment at the Lister? (Should have asked when we booked the appmt I know!!!)
And second, are you able to have the scans done remotely (we are in Yorkshire) or do you need to go to the Lister for everything?
And lastly, is there anything in particular we should be thinking about asking at our first consultation?

Thanks in advance ladies...  :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
hi cridai,
welcome here  :) You shoud write on the lister girls thread, all the listerette are there.
For your question: I don't think there is a waiting list, as soon as you ready you can start, that is what happened with me.
I did my scan in Italy and came to london for the last scan. There are some thread around the forum with the list of possible question to do at first consultation.
See you in the lister girls thread.
Lolina

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
cridai

Not sure about waiting times sorry, but you can have all scans/bloods at a satellite clinic and then EC at ET at the Lister.  If you email the nurses, they will send you a list of satellite clinics.  This is what I did - although it was only another satellite in London :).

Good luck with your tx!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi
I am also new at the Lister and am about to start 1st cycle of IVF - I am 43 as well and have low AMH adn DH has vry low sperm count so we only have 8% chance - Im just hopign that he produces enough sperm in the sample thr ICSI.
Ho have you found the Lister?
xx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi
Didi you decide to start the IVF at the Lister?
Becks

·
Registered
118 Posts
morning ladies

can i join this board???

I have just made an appointment for the lister clinic for march with dr Jaya Parhrik (think thats how you spell her name) and dont know what to expect.
i went through ivf in may 2009 in the royal victoris hospital in belfast and got no eggs at my egg collection and i have got a amh result of 0.5 but i have got a normal fsh level of 4.8 in my last bllods and 8 the month before
any help or comments would be grateful appreciated

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
KITTY1231 said:
morning ladies

can i join this board???

I have just made an appointment for the lister clinic for march with dr Jaya Parhrik (think thats how you spell her name) and dont know what to expect.
i went through ivf in may 2009 in the royal victoris hospital in belfast and got no eggs at my egg collection and i have got a amh result of 0.5 but i have got a normal fsh level of 4.8 in my last bllods and 8 the month before
any help or comments would be grateful appreciated
Hi

I cant answer your question but perhaps pop across and join this thread http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=254983.0 i am sure the ladies will be able to help

Em

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Ladies

I'm just about to start my first ever ivf cycle at the Lister.  My drugs have just arrived this morning, so it suddenly seems very real  :eek:

Kitty - I'm with Jaya, too.  I think they take your highest FSH reading, as being the level.  Apparently, FSH levels can vary each month, but it's the highest ever reading which they use as an indication.

Becky - have you now had your next cycle?  If so, how did you get on?

Isobel x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Ladies
Can I crash in here please? Brand new at the Lister too. 40 but with FSH of 15 and AMH of 2.28.
How are your cycles going? I'm just trying to decide whether to go ahead with a 7% chance or not. Would appreciate your advice! Thanks.
K

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Cridai

I just reread your post regarding having scans done at Lister or elsewhere.  I am from Yorkshire too and had all of my scans done at the Lister.  I will not do this again.  Not only is it very expensive, but it was also draining.  As you don't know when you're going to have your scans, all of the trains need to be booked at virtually the last minute and even travelling standard class, works out to be expensive.

I had a few issues in the ivf cycle that I've just finished (details on over 40 TTC thread).  I needed to have a scan done at short notice and as I was working in the area, I went to Bradford Royal Infirmary.  The scan that they did was fine and on par with Lister. 
As my cycle was BFN, I am already planning the next.  I have spoken to Leeds IVF unit at Seacroft.  They scan 7 days a week (which is important to me, as I ovulated early) and do a 'shared care package' for £1,000.  This includes all of your scans and blood tests.  Bloods cost £500 in my last cycle and the train fares were over £500.  Also, the Lister rebates your ivf cycle if you have your scans done elsewhere (think it reduces by around £400).

Let me know what you decide to do.

Isobel x

·
Registered
118 Posts
isobel67

i only ever had one reading which was really high which was 3  and half years ago of a fsh reading of 23 and then everything has been below 10 and more recently below 8

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Isobel67, Sorry to crash in. Just wondering who is going to interpret your blood test and scan results if you scan in a different clinic other than Lister? or did you post the results to Lister and somebody in lister will interpret the results? But the timing....?? Sorry to ask you questions suddenly...:))

Lily

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Lily

The scan that I had done at a local NHS hospital gave the info that the Lister would need.  They need the mean sizes of each of your follicles, after each scan.  You phone the clinic with the results of the scan and the blood tests.  The only issue that you might is making sure that they will get your blood results the same day - some places say that they can do that, but that they need to take the sample by 10am to get them back the same day.

The Lister do all of the interpreting - the local clinic only do the measuring etc.  I've just been back to the Lister to have a review of my failed cycle.  It seems as if I had ovulated early - largely down to the fact that I wasn't scanned over the weekend.

Lister have agreed to do scans on the weekend, if necessary, so that I am going to be scanned every 2 days towards the end of my cycle.  However, I've agreed that the first 2 scans would be done at a local hospital & then I'd just travel to London for the final one or two.

Hope that helps  :)

Isobel x

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello, gatecrashing too! I just booked my first appointment at the lister.  How is everyone else finding it and their treatment going? Xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I am hoping to start an ICSI cycle at the lister clinic next month and live near Bath.  So I would be very interested to find out how it worked with having blood tests and scans done locally. 

Thanks for your advice

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all,

I have just finished 2nd round of ICSI with The Lister (BFP after 7th attempt). This is my 3rd clinic and i can not recommend The Lister enough. EC & ET were so easy and pain free. I live in N.Ireland so all my scans were done locally here and I just went over for EC & ET (as well as first consultation and immune testing as immune testing is not done in NI although if it had been the results would have been sent to The Lister rather than me travel there for testing).

Feel free to PM me for further info.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hi ladies
i am also thinking about treatment at the lister and i am going to there open day next month.
very intrrested to see that several posts were given percentage chances of success.  Did the doctors discuss how they obtained the percentage?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts