Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
My husband was tested last August/September and we found out that he has no sperm in his samples; our doctor referred us to an Urologist (Dr Petterson at COCH) and he sent my DH for blood tests. The bloods all came back normal and at our first appointment with the Urologist he had a feel round and said that everything seems normal and with his bloods coming back fine (FSH, Testosterone, Hormone) he would think he is producing sperm but can't understand why there isn't any in his samples! He sent my DH off to do another sample followed straight after with a urine sample (testing for retrograde ejaculation) but again sample came back no sperm and no sperm present in the urine. He has now been referred for a scan and he has an appointment booked in for the 15th Feb to check for any blockages.

As of yet we haven't been referred to a Fertility Clinic, but we have an appointment with our GP next week to ask for him to refer us ASAP as we would like to get the numerous blood tests started. I had my 21 day bloods and a scan 2 years ago and everything was fine but I am sure I will need these done again before any treatment? We live in North Wales and are not sure whether we will be referred to the Countess of Chester or the Liverpool Women's or if we will get a choice??

I am just wondering if people have any idea what the current waiting list for ICSI is at either of these as this is the route we are going to have to take and if anyone has had ICSI treatment at either of these if they could give me a bit of feedback or let me know where I can find it?

Thanks
Denise xxxx

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Denise,

Really sorry to hear you're having difficulties and are finding it a frustrating road so far, I hope I can provide some helpful info...

We too have male factor issues and I am currently in my 2nd 2ww of ICSI. We had our first round at COCH and our second (now) at L'pool Women's. In October '10, the waiting list at COCH was approx 9 months and that didn't include time for initial consultations, tests etc... There is no waiting list at L'pool - we started on the next cycle after our appointment. We wouldn't complain about either hospitals, despite a bad first experience (my body reacted badly, nothing they could have done) and we moved to L'pool due to the lack of waiting list.

The best way to speak to people with experience is to post on the Chester Girls and Boys thread - above your thread as between us we have had treatment at both. If you end up at L'pool, there is also a L'pool Women's thread under the Merseyside area. It tends to be really busy, but the girls on there are great. I tend to stick to the Chester thread as there are only 5-6 of us and I feel like we all know each other quite well now and everyone is super supportive. I'm sure you'd find the same if you posted on there.

Hope all goes well and you get your referral - I would really push for that due to the cuts that are being made at the moment.

H xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi H

Thank you so much for your reply, the information is really useful and I will re-post this on the thread above. We have our appointment next Friday with our GP so hopefully we can get the ball rolling and fingers crossed we can get into LWH for treatment.

I really hope you get your BFP I am keeping everything crossed for you, good luck

Denise xxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts