Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls, ;D
Please can you help me with some advice, after 9 years of ttc we have been told that my eggs are not very good quality :'( and we will need a donor to help us achieve a baby
We are currently with ARGC clinic and they recommend we use Spain for our donor search simply because of the time factor is much quicker there.
I have no idea where to start girls please can you answer some questions for me?
1 Which clinic to choose?
2 How much does it cost?
3 How does it work ie do we need to be in Spain just for the first appointment then again for the embryo transfer?
4 How long does a cycle take?
Sorry to bombard you with all these questions!!
Thank you for reading this post 

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 
Jet

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Jet, sorry to hear you are needing to look towards donor eggs.
To answer your questions, re: which clinic to go to, do have a look at both this thread and the donor eggs one as the girls do talk about various clinics. I am biased as to which to go to as I work here in Spain at a centre called CERAM in Marbella and have specifically set up an egg donation programme for UK couples. We are a small clinic compared to the others in Spain but I see it as a good thing as we are able to give a very personalised care and being English, I can understand and explain every step of the way to you. Costs will vary from clinic to clinic, we charge about 4800€ for a cycle of egg donation and IVF, others seem to charge more but will quote higher success rates (we are 50+%) some up to 70%.
Clinics will sometimes want you to make an initial visit and then one for the treatment, some will assign a donor to you before youstart (we do) while some will let you know donor details once you are there. Cycle length will also vary as some women have been on drugs for up to 3 months while the shortest time is around 4-5 weeks prior to transfer.
I hope this all helps. If you want me to send you any specific info on my centre, do let me know your normal e-mail address and I can attach some info to you or you can e-mail me at my work e-mail which is [email protected]
Take care and good luck.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hi Jet wishing you all the luck with your tx, and your new journey xxx

Good luck honey and do let us kno wwhat you are deciding on doing,

I am thinking of starting a list for 2005 as to who is recieveing Tx and in which clinic abroad I think it will be a good reference point for newbies, like yourself.

Wishing 2005 to be your year of dreams come true xxx

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Hi Jet.

I also need DE and we went for an initial consultation at IVI Madrid in October.  I was told there would be a 3-4 month waiting list.  This has now changed.  Their laboratory is currently being refurbished and I now have to wait until February to call them.  They quote a 65% success rate per cycle and 95% after 4 attempts.  This is pregnancy rate per transfer. The cost is about 6000 euros.

Good luck

Indianna xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts