Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

We have be TTC for around 2yrs now (im 30 hubby is 34) and have just been told after tests that we will need to have IVF. Trouble is that we have been told that to get a free cycle of IVF that we have to be TTC for 3yrs so we have an appointment next yr to apply. Although positive that we now know what is going to happen, still frustrated that we can't start on IVF sooner.

Hubby has low sperm count and i have irregular cycle due to PCO just the one tho...!

At the moment i'm finding it really hard to be round my SIL who has 2 children youngest is 3mnts old. Everytime we have a family get together the baby is just shoved into my arms like it will make me feel better, needless to say it doesn't.

Looking forward to getting some good advice from this site and making some friends....
xxx

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hi

Welcome to FF this site is a god send for information and support. The news of needing IVF is such a shock and I know you won't believe me and will want to throttle me for saying it but a year really isn't very long in the great scheme of things. When waiting for things IF releated I have found it easier if I plan treats to get us through such as weekends away special events. There are also lots of possitive stories on here of ladies who have concieved while waiting for treatment, and they all thought it wouldn't happen to them.

As for other babies it is so hard and I wish I could say it got easier but it doesn't but you have to learn to deal with it. People who haven't suffered the pain of IF will never understand how we feel but stay positive it will be you with a baby soon.

x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your kind words....i was worried that i wouldn't get any replies!

I understand totally what your saying about planning treats etc that is good idea....although Hubby has just lost his job due to redundancy (couldn't of come at a better time!) i'm sure we can plan some nice things to help get us through the wait.

Thanks again xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i haven't not sure how to do that?! Will have a go and see....already feeling better reading posts and stories. Its a scary road but i'm hopeful! xx

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Hi Bennett

Welcome to FF, this site has been a complete lifesaver to me and I'm sure you will love it too, all the members are super friendly, very knowledgeable and more importantly know exactly how you feel! I am very lucky to now have my DS but I had years where I had babies shoved at me at the most inappropriate time so I know what you mean ^hugme^ Having received funding from Hampshire myself i also know a bit about the process so please feel free to shout if you have any questions and remember the 3 years of TTC counts from when you first decided to start trying not from the date you went to the Dr :)

I have posted a link below to the Hampshire board below but to be honest it's a little quiet on there at the moment but well worth saying hello and seeing if anyone is about ;)
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=181092.216

I have also posted a link below to the PCO section of the website too which might be useful :) http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=13.0

And here is a link to a nice PCO chit chat thread for support :)
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=242141.192

There are loads more areas to the site though which will give you great info and support and my main bit of advice is to say hello (alot of the threads look like people have known each other for years but the reality is that they just came along and said hello and now have made lifelong friends :) )

Please just send me a PM if you need any advice or support at anytime :)

Sleepy Penguin - those treats sound lovely, hope you still get some now too :)

xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts