Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I hope it's OK to join you all. I'll do a quick this is me to fill you in.
DH and I have been ttc for several  years now and are unexplained infertility. We have just started on IUI. We had our long awaited appointment in July, when I thought they would tell us that we had to wait for ages again, this was on cd20 for me but when I said we wanted to start asap they said OK we like to start on cd21 so you start tomorrow! Wow, for once something has gone our way and here I am now 12 injections done and 1st scan on Friday. I have a couple of lovely bruises on my tummy but apart from that all is going OK so far....except for the fact that I am now getting in a state that it probably won't work first go and......well I don't need to go on, you all know what I feel like I'm sure.
Having introduced myself, I don't really know where I should post, there seem to be a lot of threads going on and I wasn't sure what to do so i thought well jump in feet first and hope it's OK!
:)
Minow x

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi I am new to this as well just joined tonight, I am starting my stuff on monday I am abit anxious about all of this.  We have been ttc for 5 years, had a m/c sept 2000, and nothing since done clomid for 6 months ending Dec last year without success, have been told nothing wrong with us, just unexplained.  I am looking forward to starting with fingers and everything else crossed, you can keep me informed on how you r doin.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Katrinar
Good luck!
It's strange when you've been through so much to get to this place isn't it. I found the first 4 injections were fine, then they started hurting so now i use an ice cube to numb the area first. (I don't know if you are injecting or sniffing). I found as time went on I was looking forward to starting treatment rather than getting a bfp...now I'm on the treatment I'm scared to look forward to a bfp but I can't help but hope.
I hope all goes well for you and likewise do keep me informed.
everything crossed for you and me too!
Minow x

·
Registered
532 Posts
I start snuffing on Monday, then I will be injecting for 10 days.  Not looking forward to the snuffing, r u injecting yourself?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Where are you from? I am in Scotland, and dont know anyone who is going through or have went through this, this site has been great, have you just started the tx?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I didn't like the thought of snuffing so thought as I'd have to inject at some point I may as well get good at it!
Mind you, I have got a couple of good bruises and am worried I may run out of room before this go is over!
::)
Let me know how the snuffing is....maybe next time! Though it's more expensive and as we have to fund it all ourselves (no NHS help where I am) the cheaper option did seem a good idea.
I didn't realise till I lurked a bit round here that some area get it on the NHS or at least the drugs. Oh well, that's life I guess.
Time to cook dinner now.
Minow x

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just before I go (we must have posted at the same time!)
I'm in South East England and although I don't know anyone who's had IUI I've got a couple of friends on IVF. I have also been on another site for some time and have got advice there but they don't have an area especially for IUI so it's good to have found this.
We are on our first go, 12 injections into it. We havn't tried anything else but have had all the tests and they have all come back fine but been ttc so long that it's pretty obvious it's unlikely to happen of its own accord.
Must go now or dh will be thinking his throats been cut!
My tummy rumbling too!! :p
Minow x

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am quite lucky I dont have to pay for any txt yet, I get 3 shots at IUI then referred for IVF, I have to travel 45 mins to my hospital, but I moved to where my DH comes from and have been referred tp the hospital where I am originally from, so I get to have dinner with my parents during the week when at hospital.  I am axious about my hormones going mental as 3 years ago mine went everywhere, went to speak to the Dr and they just seemed to calm down.  I had a Lap and dye which I found very sore, needed DH to help me get off the couch.

I cant believe that I am starting snuff on Mon and I have just bought a house, got mine up for sale, how much punnishment do I need at once, I think I am mad.

My Dr said the snuff costs about £30 a bottle and last for 2 weeks, but you have to take it 2 a day and the same time everyday until they tell you to stop or you conceive.  Then when I start to inject for 10 days they have to be done at the same time everyday.

I am going for a cuppa and to get settled to watch BB (cant help myself). ;D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Snuff is for simulating you purity gland to ovulate and takes control of you cycle, you must take it at the same time 2 a day and not forget or take it late.  I also have to weight myself all the time to make sure I dont put any on quickly (hope not).  You can only take this though the nose (not looking forward to that).  Snuff is called Synarel (nafarelin acetate).  Some people use it for endometriosis.  How often do you need to jag. :-*

·
Registered
532 Posts
What size should you follies be, my hozzie said if there are more than 2 they wont do the insemination incase of multiple births, if that happens then we will try ourselves. ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.