Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this site and am currently on the 2ww.  I had EC on Thursday of last week and ET yesterday morning.  This is my first ICSI cycle (male factor infertility) but we have 3 tries in total (NHS) so we are very lucky that we get 2 more chances if this time ain't our time. 
Any tips welcome - I'm trying to just stay positive, look after myself and trying not to let my imagination run away with me - I have to keep reminding myself what the stats are!  Hope you're all doing well, I'd love to hear from anyone else testing on 18th March (or whatever stage ICSI you're at)  :)

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Welcome to FF! sending you loads of positive vibes ^reiki^

There is a 2 week wait thread for ladies that are waiting until they can test so you might want to pop by and introduce yourself there, the support is great

love
suzie aka olive xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Welcome and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

If you go to the message board index page and look down through the different sections you will see a part for people on the 2ww (I think its called Ladies in Waiting).  If you click on that there are all the posts from people who are going to be testing around the same time as you and I'm sure you will get lots of support there.

All the best,
Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Hollypops  ^wave^
like the others have said the 2ww threads will be the ideal place for you to try and keep your sanity over the next 2 wks
but just wanted to say hello and good luck  ^2ww^
Dydie

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi folks,

Thanks for your replies, I've officially joined the 2ww thread now :)  Still trying to take it easy and not fret 8) Hope you're all feeling good today xxx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
I know you've gone on to the 2ww site, but I'm also a newbie (just joined today) and will also be testing on 18th March.  I am having a freaky couple of days as I keep reading stuff about what others felt during their 2ww before getting a positive result, and that really freaks me out.

I am feeling bloated and crampy with the sorest (and largest) boobs in the world, but apart from that, I'm not sure what else I can count as valid.  This is my 2nd time doing ICSI (husband's sperm count) and very wobbly about getting a negative result as it was so upsetting last time. :'(

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
flossie_td hugs to you  ^hugme^ you sound so down, I can't help you and I really wish I could, please try not to get too excited or too down about what other people experience, it is different for everyone, I have not been in the 2ww for a long time so I have forgotten how hard it is but just try to stay occupied and positive, I really wish you all the luck in the world for a great big  ^reiki^
Here for you anytime you need to shout or cry
Dydie

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hi Dydie

Thanks so much for your lovely words. Last time around, it was all very new and very stressful with lots of horrible family stuff, but this time, my hubbie & I are in a better position, so I will try to be positive :)

Big hugs to you, too. Let's keep in touch through the next 2 weeks before 18th and I promise to try not to read anything into everyone else's symptoms!!

^reiki^
Emma

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi flossie,

I have had windy :-[ cramps (down to these pessies I think, not nice) but my boobs aren't that sore or swollen - just a bit tender.  I'm sure it is all down to our individual reactions to the pessies and the different drugs we've been on - everyones body/cycle is different, we just got to keep our fingers and toes crossed and hope this 2ww passes quickly!  Sending you lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^ xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.