Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im Summer,
Id like to find some buddies to exchange advice on this confusing stuff!. My periods just stopped all of a sudden 2years 4 months ago and ive just been diagnosed with pcos just over a year ago, ive had ovarian drilling and my tubes have adhesions  :'(
( imon 850mg metformin 3xs a day,
thyroxine 200mg a day
and actos45mg 1x a day )^eyes^)

I, like most of you guys sooo want a baby, it really gets me down especially with everyone around me having the little cuties and noone i know being in the same situation as me!

Thats why its so good to have found this website, so if anyone can offer me any advice on anything or if ur in a similar situation then i would really love to hear from you!
Good luck guys, u seem to be looking out for each other and doing a great job too. :-*

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Summer

I also have PCOS and an underactive thyroid all everyone keeps saying to me is it would help if you could lose some wait.  I try so hard to be good, but I am going around in cycles I loss 2 pound put on one.

I can really recommend the Colette Haris books

Dawn

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Summer
Welcome to the PCOS section of FF.
I too have pcos & I have had ovarian dilling and suffer with multiple adhesions affecting my insidies!
I've had problems with my weight for a long time and I can really recommend the PCOS diet book by Collete Harris, it didn't help me lose the weight initially, I di that through weight watchers but it has helped me keep[ a very good sense of wellbeing since and I have kept my weight at a farily even level.
I does have a good section on pcos and infertility.
I think there are some on ebay at present otherwise they are about 15 pounds.
Good luck
Chick

G

·
Hi Summer

Welcome to ff.  I too feel the same as you do although I do have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship.  I have been married 3 years this Wednesday and I want a baby with my husband so much it hurts  :'(

I am also on Metformin but I take 3x500mg, I am waiting to have a hgs next month just to check that my tubes are ok.  My periods also stopped out of the blue almost 3 years ago now and have not returned even on the metformin (although I have only been on it 5 weeks).

You are very welcome to send me an e-mail if you like I often log on to the chartroom of an evening and it is a fantastic place and the girls on there are a right giggle and will brighten your most darkest hour.

I hope it helps for you to know that you are not alone because it meant the world to me when I found out that there were many other women just like me. ;D

I hope this long messsage does not put you off wanting to keep in touch

Love Charlotte  :-*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts