Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I started my first IVF cycle on 9/11/10 at CFL. I go for harvesting on 16/12 and would love to chat with others in the NE either going through or who have gone through it. It's a bit scary going through it on my own although I do have great family support. I am single but not through choice and have always wanted children. I'm now 40 and decided if I didn't go ahead and do it alone then it could be too late. I've been told that due to my age, the chances of success were small so would love to hear from women in their 40's that were successful.

Its great to have found this site on the web.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi, I am neither from the NE or over 40 but didnt want to read and run. Welcome  ^hugme^ Good luck for egg collection  ^hugme^ I hope you get your BFP  ^reiki^

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the kind words of support. I'm new to this forum so don't really understand all of the abbreviations yet. I also wish both of you luck if you're still TTC. The CFL is in Newcastle JJ1. Everyone there has been so friendly as everyone seems to be on the forum. Thanks for the info JJ1 about the message boards.

bev xx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Welcome Bev,
I began treatment at Centre for Life last April, although I'm married we didn't actually manage to start treatment til I was 39 (long story)... we're dead excited for Santa coming and paying his first visit to our beautiful 10 month old daughter.

Our chances were 'slim' too, but our 20% - 25% - was much higher than our 0% - 1% chances of conceiving naturally - I'll be honest, I was very disappointed that they only managed to retrieve 4 eggs, and devastated that only one fertilised... but you really do only need 1 good quality embryo.

Wishing you every success with your treatment but we're here anytime you need to let off steam x
Best wishes and welcome xx
Sheila

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Hi Bevinblue - I am single, over 40 and live in the North East  :) and as you can see from my signature have been through quite a bit and unfortunately have not been successful yet - but still not beaten.  ;D

I am having treatment abroad and hope to go again early next year.

If you haven't already why don't you pop over to the singles thread where you will find lots of us at various points in this journey.

R x

·
Registered
335 Posts
hi Bev, Im from Newcastle and hopefully will be starting treatment at Cfl in January. Im not single or over 40 but just wanted to lend my support...hope all is going well with you

Joanne xxx

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi mjc i live in newcastle just had me 1st treatment at the cfl I'm 28 DP 40 his sperm was low motility i just want to say all the staff there are brilliant really good place to be i was tested the 23rd DEC and got a positive still cant believe it hope it all works out for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Tracey warmest congratulations, what a fab way to start the new year - I've just celebrated my first new year with my little one, omg its still surreal - I'm still pinching myself preparing for her first birthday party xxx
Enjoy every second, it just gets better and better
Sheila - happy as can be, and still counting my blessings xxx

·
Registered
335 Posts
hi Tracy- sorry Ive just seen your post! congratulations on your BFP! i really do hope it works out for us, Im excited and yet dreading tx at the same time lol xxx

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi all

I'm also at CFL and just had my first failed ICSI. I'm not single but I am here if anyone needs support. Currently on my 6 weeks follow up app at CFL to see what they say about failed cycle and hope I can start next cycle straight away.

CFL staff have been great and I'm pleased our clinic is there.

Tracy- That's excellent news, me & my DH are similar ages to you (I'm 29 DH 41) and our reason is low mortility so you have just given me massive hope, although ours didn't work first cycle I'm confident it will.

xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.